Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
That KEefe quote from the Leafs loss is absolutely true for the Oilers. Teams just set up and wait for them to implode. Somehow LA is too stupid to do that. Canucks know that all it takes is to pressure defense heavy and then linematch against Nurse-Ceci. Literally just throw pucks at the net when they're on the ice and some will end up in.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
On the bright side I don’t think we can play any worse than that. What a blown opportunity. 4 goals on 12 shots against a shaky goalie and we don’t test him again for another 22 minutes. Horribly officiated game didn’t help. Scrub this one and get ‘em next game.
The odds are high that Ekholm and Ceci not scoring.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
The Canucks absolutely owned the Oilers in the 2nd half of the game.
They completely neutralized McDavid in this game. He was a non factor and if you can do that to McDavid then you have a much much better chance of beating the Oilers. Thats exactly what the Canucks did and the refs helped.
Then there was Mr $9.25M...what a joke Darnell Nurse is. He should be the best dman on the ice most of the time instead he is a liability. The Canucks absolutely dominated the Nurse pairing.
The Oilers highest paid pairing.
Nurse should feel ashamed everytime he gets paid.

The Oilers also didnt create enough in this game. The Canucks didnt even get good goaltending in this game. The Oiler had what...one shot in the 3rd period?
That is brutal.
That should have been an automatic win with a 3 goal lead instead the boys choked in the big moment.
They can recover from this but there is no candy coating this loss...it is a devastating loss.

At this point in time I wouldnt be surprised if the Oilers have to be wondering if they can even beat the Canucks.
Now we find out how much instestinal fortitude this team has because the pressure is squarely on them for game 2. Lose that game after choking on this game and the series will be in serious jeopardy.

Why would this be even remotely in their heads right now?

I could see it if they played their asses off and lost. But with that effort?

Reactions: Oilhawks

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I want reparation payments from Nurse. Seriously, he should give back 1/2 his contract. Pay individual dividends to each fan Or just toss it into the next 50/50. But that guy should feel guilty AF that he’s a top paid D man.
Yup, I’d rather watch Broberg, at least I can say he’s young and in a bad spot being thrust into responsibility. What excuse does nurse have?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
They had a 3 goal lead, they tried to lock it down and the biggest fraud on the team said not so fast.

Your not winning sub 800 save% never ever

We learnt last year you can’t win needing 6 goals, 4 should get it done

Reactions: iCanada and Ibanez

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Ekholm, Bouchard and Foegele were the only players with a positive xGF%.

Nurse, Ceci, Nuge and Ryan under 10%

Kulak, Brown, Draisaitl, Desharnais, Kane under 30%

This team hasn’t looked good for 3 games now. Whatever is wrong with them they gotta figure out quick.

That game has me angrier than I have ever been at this team.

f***ing pathetic
Says something because Foegle is absolute dogshit offensively.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
The funny thing is the "quick strike" Canucks scored on 4 low percentage goals outside of the lucky 1st goal bounce off the boards.
Yup. Skinner and the D eat some shit on that.

Skinner was due for his usual stinker after those LA games. Hopefully he shows up when we need him on Friday.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's the maddest I've ever been watching a game. I have lost complete faith in the team after that performance.
Honestly, I never had faith that they were a TRUE cup contender but when you see them completely no show in a playoff game with no fight whatsoever, it truly does sap all your expectations as a fan.

Nurse-Ceci alone is enough to make one lose faith in their team.

Reactions: Senor Catface

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McD thought we were a little bit too passive holding the lead. Yeh that’s about right.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I legit can't remember the last time I saw such a bad game from a defensive pair than I saw from Nurse-Ceci tonight. Jaw dropping.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Game winning goal by Skinner can’t go in. He overplayed that Garland rush.

They have that scouted. Three times this year they have scored from that same spot on almost the same play, all three back breakers. Lafferty did it the first two times.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I won’t deny that but the oilers probably shouldn’t have had more than 2 either.
Thats fair comment but thats also revisionist. The Oilers got the goals, thats defacto part of how things went. Score effects and all Nucks were playing at home and down 2-3 goals multiple times. Oilers felt they had enough. thats a mistake with Skinner in net.

This kind of underlines my point that Skinner results in Kings series were misleading becasue the only King feeling it, at all, was Kempe.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Gee thx McDavid. No concerns with zero effort to play hockey for 2 periods?

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
That 3rd period could not have possibly been worse. All that waiting for the series to start and we get embarrassed in front of entire country tonight when it looked like we had the game in the bag earlier on!

If Draisaitl can't play and we lose the next game, get ready for the most embarrassing playoff elimination in franchise history. We can still salvage this but Nurse and the usual suspects can't keep playing like idiots!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad