Pre-Game Talk: Nucks @ Wings 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Hopefully the first 3 lines (should all be scoring lines) can do something this game. Got to score more than 1 goal and stop blowing leads. 4th line I hope barely plays... all plugs. Should win this game but the way things have been going we will probably drop a 3rd period lead and lose in a shootout.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
They've sucked lately, and will be on the 2nd half of a back to back.

No excuses. Need to keep pace with Boston and put some breathing room between us and Ottawa/Tampa/Florida.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
TSN line has been terrible last 4-5 games. Really wish we would change these lines up.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abby
Richards-Datsyuk-Tatar
Sheahan-Larkin-Mantha
Helm-Glendening-Jurco

Maybe swag Richards/Sheahan/Mantha

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
then again, Mantha is on a great streak down there right now. As much as I'd like to see him get some games up here, I think what he's doing there now is great for his confidence and if he happened to come up here and not get much done it could be a little counterproductive.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd call up AA well before Mantha. Let Mantha have a big AHL season and some confidence going into next year. Honestly I really want Pulkkinen back. Would like to see Pulkkinen on the 3rd line with Richards and maybe Jurco or Sheahan.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
then again, Mantha is on a great streak down there right now. As much as I'd like to see him get some games up here, I think what he's doing there now is great for his confidence and if he happened to come up here and not get much done it could be a little counterproductive.

Agreed, I don't think we need to call up Mantha right now. I'd wait a couple months and see where his play/production is at at that point.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I would say F it and put all our chips in one basket and roll with...

Larkin-Zetterberg-Abby
Richards-Datsyuk-Tatar
Nyquist-AA-Mantha
Helm-Glendening-Sheahan/Jurco

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd like to see Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist. Put our 3 best goal scorers on 1 line and let them go crazy. **** it.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
TSN line has been terrible last 4-5 games. Really wish we would change these lines up.

They were bad last game. I don't know where exactly you are getting 4-5 games from.

Are you more concerned about breaking up this line because it is ineffective or because you want Helm off of Pav's wing?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
They were bad last game. I don't know where exactly you are getting 4-5 games from.

Are you more concerned about breaking up this line because it is ineffective or because you want Helm off of Pav's wing?

They've been meh for at least 3 games now.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Do you think Mantha ahead of AA or Callahen?

I think AA is slightly ahead of mantha, but AA is injured so mantha is our first call up I think.

Only way Callahan gets called up is if we are gonna throw him onto the 4th line cause there's no way in he'll they're gonna put mantha or AA down there

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Terrible was an exaggeration, but they've looked stale for a little while.

Put Tatar with Dats, Nyquist with Z, and bury Sheahan.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
And the rest of the team hasn't?

I'd say Larkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg have looked okay. Abby and Helm have played as well as anyone can expect. Helm may not finish as much as he should but that's not on him that's just who he is. Richards playing okay but apparently still just snakebit as all get out.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I don't believe Richards is snake bit. He only put up 37 points in 76 games, while playing on Chicago's second line.

He just isn't good anymore. I have him pegged as being a 25-30 point player, which is awful. It's just too bad Sheahan has been worse from a production stand point, but with that said, i still wouldn't have signed Richards. So unnecessary when you look at how many forward prospects the Wings need to play.

Wings need high risk/high reward players. Low risk/low reward players will get them nowhere.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I'd say Larkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg have looked okay. Abby and Helm have played as well as anyone can expect. Helm may not finish as much as he should but that's not on him that's just who he is. Richards playing okay but apparently still just snakebit as all get out.

So every top 9 player other than TSN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad