GDT: Nsh@stl 2/5/2013

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Detroit lost to Calgary 4-1. :D I don't know how to act with a 4 goal lead with 6 min left. I'm so used to being a nervous wreck down to the last second.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Preds win. Never would have expected 6-1. 4-2-1 on the road trip. We played some horrible games but got through it and have won 3 in a row now and looking much better. Rinne back to his great self. Whole team looked good tonight.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Refs let him off easy. Could have been an instigator which is an automatic suspension.

Gaustad keeps his cool and laughs him off. Stewart is visibly uspet

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Pete and Terry 3 stars: 3 - Wilson; 2 - Rinne; 1 - Erat

Official 3 stars: 3 - Wilson; 2 - Erat; 1 - Rinne

I would have gone with 3 - Rinne; 2 - Erat; 1 - Wilson

Wilson was amazing all night, led the action all night and really sparked this victory.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Not too much negative can be said about this one. Great win.

The good - 6 freakin goals. 6! Against a division rival, too. Great end to the road trip.
The bad - 6 penalties. The good news is we killed 5 of them...but the problem is most of the penalties were unnecessary or the result of sloppy play.
The ugly - This is the harder thing to decide on. I could've gone with the penalties, but I thought that was more deserving of "bad". I'll say the period between the 5th and 6th goals was pretty ugly and filled with spotty play. We were outshot 28-10 in the 2nd and 3rd...but that was mainly due to 5 penalty kills. We actually picked it up a little bit in the mid 3rd.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You could have gone with Legwand as the ugly tonight. Totally invisible and got destroyed on faceoffs.

fisher still cant get it done as a top 6 center.. never would have imagined we would score 6 .. shouldn't be surprised they are bottom pairing/lines for the most part. clune, bourque, spaling, klein, ellis.. the only top 6 guys even on the scoresheet are wilson and erat. pretty much our only top 6 guys producing. wish our top 6 gave as much as our bottom. im really liking the play of bourque, spaling, wilson, ellis, and BLUM

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I just cannot believe we are sitting here at 4-2-3- 11 points.

3 game win streak- at LA, SJ, STL- unreal

Against that schedule, as poorly as we played at times- freaking amazing- that is a GREAT start to the season. Heck, we are only 1 point behind the Blues.

If you had told me before season we'd get 9 points in first 9 games, I would have been satisfied- with 11, I am ecstatic- now let's come home and build on this ...

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
I gotta give Trotzy some credit he's settled this team down and now were right back in this thing. We did it against the best in the west. LA is always hard and Sj and now Stl. We go from 3 game loosing streak to a 3 game winning streak. Despite Weber not scoring I think that he's concentrated on defense early in the season. Well all the teams should have their legs under them by now. The season I think will be topsy turvey with big swings. The team has to bring the effort every night. Good game we needed this for a big confidence builder.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I keep hearing people say it was an ugly road trip, but was it really??
There were 2 absolutely awful losses for sure, but otherwise, we won at Minnesota, LA, SJ, STL and got a point at Anaheim, one of the hottest teams in league. Heck, we even wound up with a +1 goal differential on the trip.

If that's ugly, I'll take ugly like that all year

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
There were 2 absolutely awful losses for sure, but otherwise, we won at Minnesota, LA, SJ, STL and got a point at Anaheim, one of the hottest teams in league. Heck, we even wound up with a +1 goal differential on the trip.

Probably more referring to the way we played, not the end result.

We're very lucky to be sitting with 11 points considering we've played 2 good full games.

The good news is whatever issues they had in the first 7 games seem to be mostly corrected.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville

If we had opened the season with 2 regulation wins instead of SOL's, then I think we would have a different perspective right now.

The ugly part has been goal scoring...which, until tonight, was dreadful.

I agree that a simple look at the standings and who we played/beat points to a successful road trip...but there were lots and lots of defensive breakdowns, offensive rustiness, Pekka-rustiness, and some flat out poor play.

But in the end, they don't award playoff position over style points. All will be forgiven if the Preds can right the ship at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad