GDT: Nsh@sjs 2/2/2012

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
No Erat. No SK for a significant part of the 1st period. Playing an undefeated team, on the road, with the league's leading goal scorer .. and we hold them to one PP goal and win in a shootout. Ugly as #### but it's a win.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
No Erat. No SK for a significant part of the 1st period. Playing an undefeated team, on the road, with the league's leading goal scorer .. and we hold them to one PP goal and win in a shootout. Ugly as #### but it's a win.

Certainly not pretty, but for Preds games, I'd put it in the grinder category, not ugly. That was Predator hockey.

We were close in draws, shots, and hits. We really went toe to toe with them.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Exaggerating, obviously, but we've lost to Columbus and Phoenix, then beat the only undefeated team left in the NHL...

very odd agreed.. columbus beat detroit 4-2 tonight after detroit beat stl 5-3.. anyone can beat anyone on any given night with this shortened season especially

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Well here are the positives.

1, Hannan didn't blow chunks all night just smaller parts of it

2. Blum looked good, better than Gill, let's just roll 7 for awhile when Erat gets back, sit Clune, who still looked worthless.

3. We actually cycled the puck tonight and generated some decent chances off of the cycle.

all and all that was a Preds hockey type game, good forcheck and defensemen jumping into the play.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I think it was funny that at one point I was like, where is Gill. Blum and Ellis held their own when paired together. I'd almost like to see what Blum or Ellis could do paired with Weber. Keep Josi and Klein together then pair Hannan with who's left between Blum and Ellis. We'd have puck movers on each pairing and a vet with them.

Solid hustle by this team tonight. Any time you hold SJ and LA to 1 goal apiece you're doing well. We may have a tough time scoring but other teams may not be able to score against us. When we work and skate, we are tough to play against. When we don't forecheck and skate hard, we have problems. We need to hustle each and every shift to be successful and I'd have to say the guys did that tonight. Well done.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Truly amazing- we now have 7 points on the road trip and 9 on the season. As ugly as it has been, we are in pretty good shape if we can build on this.

No matter what happens, we have survived the horrific 9 game schedule- my goal was 10 points, and we have 9- and actually have a chance at 11- unreal.

Even if we lose at STL, I'll be happy with 9 points. Then lets come home, get healthy, and start getting some regulation wins.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
What a great effort tonight. Good team defense, excellent goaltending. Offense still stunk, but Pekka really saved our bacon during a 15 minute stretch there. Not a pretty win, but a win is a win

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One more thought- we played back to back at LA and SJ, and gave up a total of 2 goals, both of which were just bad luck- we easily could have had back to back shutouts- very impressive D and G from Pekka.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
How did Smitty play overall? These recent goals in the SO give him some confidence?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We broke out more down the left hand side tonight and we reversed the puck from d to d more than normal too. I like it. It shows they're trying to adjust if nothing else.

Zone time tonight was considerably higher, we have to do that against St. Louis too.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Wooooo! I just came home hammered, tossed the third period on GCL and it was perfect timing. Saw both goals then Peks put his gameface on during the shootout. Honey Badger with a sick SO goal; great move. I haven't read through all the pages but I agree fully with 101st. Undefeated team on the road; I don't care how ugly it was, you take those two points and smile. Very pleased.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
One more thought- we played back to back at LA and SJ, and gave up a total of 2 goals, both of which were just bad luck- we easily could have had back to back shutouts- very impressive D and G from Pekka.

Tonight looked like the team that we are supposed to be. The D has finally settled into some order and Blum looked very good being his first game. The offense just need our scorers to score. They've played 8 games and 5 games have gone to a shootout. They are 2-3 with a winner in the last two. 3 regulation game they are 1-2
Which makes 3-2-3-9. The two loses were shuouts and we looked bad in both of them. The 3 shootout loses only one against St.Louis we got smoked. So even though we haven't looked good we managed points and maybe we have finally righted the ship without playing our best hockey and kinda right where I thought we would be and we got our longest trip just about over.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
It's amazing how two games, in which the Predators only scored two goals... can swing the pendulum of emotion to the complete opposite side!!!

Best overall game by the TEAM so far this season. The tenacious forecheck, speed and hustle are the trademarks of Predators hockey and tonight that's what they brought and earned two points because of it. Well, that and Havlat's premature celebration!!!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We broke out more down the left hand side tonight and we reversed the puck from d to d more than normal too. I like it. It shows they're trying to adjust if nothing else.

Zone time tonight was considerably higher, we have to do that against St. Louis too.

Wait wut? You mean Trotz is actually, you know, coaching??? You can't be serious.....

Seriously though, reminds me of the scene in Major League where they win a game and the manager says, "Starting to come together...."

Hopefully this keeps up.... the standings are already looking like I thought the would with the exception of LA and Edmonton being flipped

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ok Spongebob is gold colored, and he's screaming about overtime. We need a spongebob avatar.

Hell, he's even SHAPED like an avatar!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
proud of the boys tonight.. we dont have the talent... but ill take a 10-0 loss if our boys are playing with heart like tonight. our offense still is horrible but im proud of our team right now. i really like the progression i see out of some of the young guys.. ellis, wilson, blum, bourque..

Who is this happy person and what have you done with the original NoNecksCurse!?

Can I get a summary of Blum's play last night? I only saw him a few times in the third; seemed mobile and generally good, but not a big sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad