Claimed off Waivers: [NSH] Predators claim F Samuel Fagemo off waivers from the Kings

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Not a Kings or Preds fan but I’ve had the opportunity to watch Fagemo play.

What I like about him is what you’ve described him as a shooter that puts emphasis onto his shot and doesn’t think twice to shoot as much as possible to make something happen.

If Fagemo had a little more accuracy to his shot he could be a sniper, but the accuracy isn’t there yet, not that it couldn’t be with more time around NHL players that pass at a higher level. Fagemo’s hand eye coordination is very impressive as well.

Glad the guy is getting a chance hopefully, Fagemo makes the most of this opportunity as this is his shot at a full time role in the National.
His lack of accuracy has been on full display all camp and preseason. When you're inside the dot and miss 4 straight times, well...:huh:

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Posted on the Preds board, too:

Kings fan here. His biggest issue is he never really established his identity as a forward. I always described him as a volume shooter, more than a sniper.

He's not heavy on the boards and has good skating. Not a speedster, but can keep up.

Has decent puck protection. Not much of a dangler. He shoots first, asks questions later.

I think he could top out as a middle-six forward. Many fans are upset they lost him for nothing. I wasn't as high on him compared to others, but still a decent pl
I am not miffed with losing him for nothing...someone has to be waived. My issue is I don't think Lewis has out preformed him or has the upside that Fagemo has.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I am not miffed with losing him for nothing...someone has to be waived. My issue is I don't think Lewis has out preformed him or has the upside that Fagemo has.

Different roles, different players, Fagemo isn't a 4th line player, doesn't have the toolset for that.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He is a north/south shooter who has decent but not excellent skating. I was higher on him earlier on after his draft, but over time that has tempered as he doesn't really have a top 6 gear and I didn't really see him as a bottom-line plug as he isn't a grinder. When I saw his name on waivers I knew he was the most likely to get claimed, but I am not too miffed or upset at his loss as I think most Kings fans are annoyed with the asset management of it all.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
ok, sucks to lose a guy for nothing, but guys let's relax, he was not a top prospect, having watched him in AHL, I doubt he pans out, very very inconsistent

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've seen a lot of Fagemo in the AHL over the past couple years and he never struck me as anything other than a bust. Mediocre skater, low motor, nice shot but not much else.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I've seen a lot of Fagemo in the AHL over the past couple years and he never struck me as anything other than a bust. Mediocre skater, low motor, nice shot but not much else.
What do you think of Denis Gurianov?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Mediocre skater, low motor, nice shot but not much else.
It is only 1.3333 games in, but for all those qualities, I like Fagemo better than Gurianov so far. Fagemo puts pucks on net and seems more involved to me. And that's where we're at in Nashville. :crossfing

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It is only 1.3333 games in, but for all those qualities, I like Fagemo better than Gurianov so far. Fagemo puts pucks on net and seems more involved to me. And that's where we're at in Nashville. :crossfing
I hope Fagemo does well, something about LA's development system beats the offense out of the prospect. Hoping he can shine in Nashville!

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad