Confirmed Trade: [NSH/NJD]Adam Helewka for Future Considerations

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Odd to trade away one of the better AHL players we had for nothing especially since he's only 23

I though he might develop into more but looking like an AAAA type of player to use a baseball comparable much like Reid Boucher.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
41 contracts right now + Sissons + Grimaldi + at least 1 UFA (Duchene maybe) = 44

Maybe they sign an additional UFA for the big club = 45

Probably a few minor league deals for AHL guys = 48 (although I don't know how they would have done much better than Helewka for that job description)

There doesn't seem to be a ton of urgency on the reserve list for additional signings.
:dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Maybe they just don't want to block icetime for their prospects. For a change, Milwaukee might have more actual prospects than minor league pros... if they want to get playing time for all of Tolvanen, Wilkins, Trenin, Craggs, Pitlick, Magwood, and Richard... maybe it makes sense to drop a more veteran body or two... :dunno:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Maybe they just don't want to block icetime for their prospects. For a change, Milwaukee might have more actual prospects than minor league pros... if they want to get playing time for all of Tolvanen, Wilkins, Trenin, Craggs, Pitlick, Magwood, and Richard... maybe it makes sense to drop a more veteran body or two... :dunno:

The only logical thing I can really think of. They assume as others have mentioned that he is a career tweener, so they want the ice time to be given to more of the unknowns who still have the question mark of upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad