Claimed off Waivers: [NSH] Luca Sbisa claimed off waivers by the Predators

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
hes just good enough to stay in the NHL but not horrible enough to actually clear waivers. He has good mobility a decent offensive game on the offensive end actually, and he's a physical player.

Last year with Winnipeg we got to see the tougher side of Sbisa. He is engaged in one on one battles. His shot blocking skills are among the better ones I have seen for an NHL defenseman, and you can earn an NHL career with that, and the ability to play with plenty of ice packs, killing penalties. He's not much of an offensive threat, as you have to have the wheels to get back now, in the NHL, and he doesn't, but he can play a pretty safe game, he didn't deliver a lot of pizzas with the Jets. He was a pretty well respected player in his time here, so I think he'll be missed.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Last year with Winnipeg we got to see the tougher side of Sbisa. He is engaged in one on one battles. His shot blocking skills are among the better ones I have seen for an NHL defenseman, and you can earn an NHL career with that, and the ability to play with plenty of ice packs, killing penalties. He's not much of an offensive threat, as you have to have the wheels to get back now, in the NHL, and he doesn't, but he can play a pretty safe game, he didn't deliver a lot of pizzas with the Jets. He was a pretty well respected player in his time here, so I think he'll be missed.

Thanks for saying this. He gets so hammered upon by fans and it is largely unwarranted. I saw what you saw and thought he was a good stop gap for a depleted D core. He is not likely a permanent fixture in any teams top 6 defencemen, and some people need to recognize that. Plus it appears as though he is just a good dude and that is always good to have on a team.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I remember him as a warrior from VGK. Guys like him and Bellemare you always need in a team just for the spirit.

Nashville has plenty offensive minded D, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a good fit there by just playing consistent and Hard defense.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
This the guy many Canucks fans blame for beginning the UNRAVOLLING of our game 7 lead against the Flames in the 2015 playoffs. Maybe, but I always never minded him for us tho was probably for the best when the Las Vegas Golden Knights took him in 2017 off our hands
He's a professional UNRAVOLLER.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Injuries and now waiver wire claims making better roster choices than PoMo.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
this guy is the next Mike Sillinger...and only 30 years old. Just a few more teams to go.

Flyers, Ducks, Nucks, Knights, Isles, Jets, Preds...who's next?

Reactions: lawrence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad