Proposal: NSH + LA

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Neutral fan here, these 2 just seem like good trading partners with one team need more quality RHD and the other needing LHD. Not sure what the cap considerations would be long term for either side but would like to hear both fan's comments

To LA:
Ekholm
Askarov

To NSH:
Roy
Spence
Kupari

At least as a base. Seems to fill both team's needs from trading from a position of strength.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
:oops: Uh, no. We have 4 guys who can play the right side. No reason to give up one of them AND Askarov just to get a different one. Easy pass.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Big no for Nashville. We have no need to move Ekholm for a RHD and Askarov is a legitimate prospect, the ask for him would have to be a similar blue chip prospect coming back.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Make it Josi and we'll call it quits then ?
While it would never happen due to Josi’s contract and Legend status and all that… it might not be the worst thing for the team. Hockey is a team game and maybe if the team wasn’t relying on running everything through Josi, it’d actually result in a better overall team to replace him with 3 younger components like that and open up a ton of Cap space for other purposes too. Might not be quite the snappy comeback you meant it to be! ;)

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Ekholm is as uninteresting as it gets.
Our upcoming core is 19-23 year old, we are not trading for a 32 year old.

To keep it simple...

Askarov for Spence

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
While it would never happen due to Josi’s contract and Legend status and all that… it might not be the worst thing for the team. Hockey is a team game and maybe if the team wasn’t relying on running everything through Josi, it’d actually result in a better overall team to replace him with 3 younger components like that and open up a ton of Cap space for other purposes too. Might not be quite the snappy comeback you meant it to be! ;)
Wow i didn't realise Josi was 32 already, same age as Doughty. That would make a hell of a d pairing until the wheels fell off in a couple of years/weeks.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Ekholm is as uninteresting as it gets.
Our upcoming core is 19-23 year old, we are not trading for a 32 year old.

To keep it simple...

Askarov for Spence

I don't see Nashville doing that and I am a big Spence guy.

With his hot start maybe Vialrdi + Durzi, honestly could be worth it for LA as well.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Neutral fan here, these 2 just seem like good trading partners with one team need more quality RHD and the other needing LHD. Not sure what the cap considerations would be long term for either side but would like to hear both fan's comments

To LA:
Ekholm
Askarov

To NSH:
Roy
Spence
Kupari

At least as a base. Seems to fill both team's needs from trading from a position of strength.

Ekholm>>Roy
spence and Kuoari are dime a dozen prospects

Askorov isn’t a throw in. To get him it likely costs you Clarke

I view Spence as this, at least in a similar category.
On what planet?

Reactions: Raistlin

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I don't see Nashville doing that and I am a big Spence guy.

With his hot start maybe Vialrdi + Durzi, honestly could be worth it for LA as well.

I don't see L.A. giving up Vilardi after all the effort and patience they put into him.
Madden + Durzi/Spence maybe

It depends on what the Nashville peeps really need

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
Do you feel as though Spence is similar to Byfield/Clarke?
I think comparing him to Byfield is apples to oranges, and it's also delusional to think Askarov would net a guy like Byfield (no matter how you feel about him, I'm not the biggest Byfield fan), goalies just aren't worth that much. I think Spence is closer to Clarke than people here will believe.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
Ekholm>>Roy

Askorov isn’t a throw in. To get him it likely costs you Clarke

On what planet?
I don't think Roy and Ekholm are that far apart.

And on the planet where he's nearly a PPG defenseman in the AHL in his first pro year, and played very well in the limited NHL time he's got? So bascially stats + eye test lol. Just because he's stuck behind a bunch of players doesn't make him bad. He's kind of similar to Sam Girard in many ways IMO but not as good of a skater but probably a better defender + IQ. I also did put 'as a base' in the OP, meaning that there could be add-ons on either side

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Its hard to follow other teams prospects. I dont know other teams pipelines very well.
But as a Kings fan both Spence and Kupari are not dime a dozen. They are really good players that should be in the lineup. Spence is better than half the dmen the Kings are starting and Kupari is better than an injured Arvidsson. The gm is just using waivers to dictate the lineup instead of playing the best players.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Its hard to follow other teams prospects. I dont know other teams pipelines very well.
But as a Kings fan both Spence and Kupari are not dime a dozen. They are really good players that should be in the lineup. Spence is better than half the dmen the Kings are starting and Kupari is better than an injured Arvidsson. The gm is just using waivers to dictate the lineup instead of playing the best players.
Every team have prospects who are 3rd-7th rounders who look promising in the nhl but aren’t more than a bottom pair or bottom 6 in general.

these players are quite common across the nhl.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
ask yourself where were these players drafted

2020 11OA vs 2021 8OA. They are in the same ball park in terms of value and there is nothing about either to say they have crashed in value.

youare asking for an 11OA prospect in return you can’t go at it with lesser valued players.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
ask yourself where were these players drafted

2020 11OA vs 2021 8OA. They are in the same ball park in terms of value and there is nothing about either to say they have crashed in value.

youare asking for an 11OA prospect in return you can’t go at it with lesser valued players.
No I am not saying this trade should be made or anything. Just that you shouldnt sleep on Kupari and Spence. Both are good!

Reactions: Choralone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad