May 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
To Nashville

Malcolm Subban

To Boston

Jack Dougherty
Janne Juvonen

Why Nashville does this?

With PK Subban in Nashville and Rask being in Boston, I can't see Malcolm Subban ever being the #1 goalie in Boston, Nashville needs a goalie of the future, even tho they have Juuse Saros, it wouldn't hurt the team to have compensation to see who will become the #1 goalie of the future.

Why Boston does this?

They need defense and Jack Dougherty is a great young dman that has the potential to become a top 4 RHD which is something that Boston needs. They also get a good goalie prospect that will be a project, but can take his time to develop.

thoughts?

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Why do you think Subban has close to that value right now?

Our best bet is to hope he plays well in the AHL and see what happens. His value is at its all time low.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
People are used to Nashville being able to toss away one of their excess defensemen. This is not the case anymore.

Plus as of now we have every reason to believe Saros will be the future #1

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I don't think any team would trade for him because they would have to expose him in the expansion draft. Though I think it's highly unlikely he would be selected by Las Vegas anyway.

I think his career trajectory will be similar to Montoya. I first rounder who takes a long time to make it to the NHL. He may be a #1 goalie some day in the future, but I think that is a very long time from now. His glove hand is abysmal and mentally he can't handle the game at the NHL level.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sure, let's trade away one of the few decent blueline prospects we need badly plus an additional prospect for a fading goaltender prospect we have no use for whatsoever. Because he's PK's brother.

No, of course not. What kind of insanity is this?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
As a Bruins fan I am all for this. No-brainer. That should tell us all something.

Subban is either going to have to be protected over another goaltender or he is going to have to be exposed. No team is likely to trade for him until after the expansion draft.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Goalie of the future is already on the team. No from Nashville.

I did not realize Maz was the goalie of the future(joke). But in reality Sarros may or may not be Rinne's replacement. He has had two games in Nashville one great the other horrid. One never knows about young players and you can double down on goalies. We had this guy named Finley once upon a time that was supposed to be the next elite goalie. We have had a guy named Hellberg as well that first couple years looked to be another elite guy. On and on.

Now would I trade for Lil Subban not at that price the trough is pretty empty. Nashville needs quality prospects at every position really. The team has no depth right now. Imagine if you will a team whos top 3 players thru 10 games have but 2 goals.... And the rookie phenom demoted to 3rd and 4th line duties. If there was depth this coach would be rotating them in to try and spark something.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
As a Bruins fan I am all for this. No-brainer. That should tell us all something.

Subban is either going to have to be protected over another goaltender or he is going to have to be exposed. No team is likely to trade for him until after the expansion draft.

Exactly. Haven't kept up with Dougherty's progress, but I was a fan of his during his draft year. But I'd definitely move Subban as I think his confidence is shot and at that position there is nothing more important. He is young enough to be fixed and saved but to me the odds are against it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I did not realize Maz was the goalie of the future(joke). But in reality Sarros may or may not be Rinne's replacement. He has had two games in Nashville one great the other horrid. One never knows about young players and you can double down on goalies. We had this guy named Finley once upon a time that was supposed to be the next elite goalie. We have had a guy named Hellberg as well that first couple years looked to be another elite guy. On and on.

Now would I trade for Lil Subban not at that price the trough is pretty empty. Nashville needs quality prospects at every position really. The team has no depth right now. Imagine if you will a team whos top 3 players thru 10 games have but 2 goals.... And the rookie phenom demoted to 3rd and 4th line duties. If there was depth this coach would be rotating them in to try and spark something.
Prospect depth and NHL-ready depth are not the same thing, hon.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Prospect depth and NHL-ready depth are not the same thing, hon.

Yes mam technically that is correct. However If your pipeline contain's only one player that is NHL ready within a year(Kamenev). Then your Team depth is questionable. Currently the team is skating Austin Watson who was sent down thru waivers cleared and recalled due to injury due to no better option. This is a fatal condition for a team, in particularly when fields a group of forwards as cold as Antarctica in July.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yes mam technically that is correct. However If your pipeline contain's only one player that is NHL ready within a year(Kamenev). Then your Team depth is questionable. Currently the team is skating Austin Watson who was sent down thru waivers cleared and recalled due to injury due to no better option. This is a fatal condition for a team, in particularly when fields a group of forwards as cold as Antarctica in July.
Bah; you're just bitter that Craig Smith is the leading goal scorer at the moment. :nod: :sarcasm:

Yes, more prospects would be good. But I don't see how the other Subban provides anything like insurance in net for the future.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
To Nashville

Malcolm Subban

To Boston

Jack Dougherty
Janne Juvonen

Why Nashville does this?

With PK Subban in Nashville and Rask being in Boston, I can't see Malcolm Subban ever being the #1 goalie in Boston, Nashville needs a goalie of the future, even tho they have Juuse Saros, it wouldn't hurt the team to have compensation to see who will become the #1 goalie of the future.

Why Boston does this?

They need defense and Jack Dougherty is a great young dman that has the potential to become a top 4 RHD which is something that Boston needs. They also get a good goalie prospect that will be a project, but can take his time to develop.

thoughts?

Boston might be willing to deal subban... but young dmen is our strength. I'd guess we would rather keep subban... hope he gets hot... use him as our backup later

It's not a pressing urgency to deal him now

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm not that high on Subban and this stems back to when the US U20 team lit him up at the 2013 WJC. Just never liked what I saw from him. Athletic, but mentally weak and I didn't see a potential future starter. Maybe he turns into a decent backup one day, but I wouldn't be giving up someone like Dougherty for him in the hopes that he turns into a legit starter.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Why do you think Subban has close to that value right now?

Our best bet is to hope he plays well in the AHL and see what happens. His value is at its all time low.

I think he is 1 degree above bust......his value is minimal at the moment. Return for him would be likely not worth it.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Subban's value is lower than some people think nowadays. All the tools, can't put it together, and next year he's waiver eligible. They would have to be adding if they were receiving Dougherty alone. Saros is a stud so this doesn't really fit Nashville's needs either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad