NPR: U.S. journalist Grant Wahl has died covering the World Cup in Qatar

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
I really hope it is natural causes and that the fact he was thrown out of the stadium before is just a coincidence.

RIP

Looks like a viral infection that went out of control unfortunately. Used to appear here on the radio and was very knowledgeable, passionate about the game in America and unlike some knew his South American football as well. RIP.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Extremely sad, really nice guy in the media space. Blows my mind that one minute he was tweeting about the Netherlands v Argentina set piece and the next we was dead.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
obviously everything about this is really sad. I especially feel for his brother who posted that video. It's an emotional reaction and you can tell he thinks its partly his fault that Grant wore the pride shirt.

I hope this was natural causes and that there was no link to his detainment. For those who want to see the video it's below, fair warning it is a tough watch,

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
obviously everything about this is really sad. I especially feel for his brother who posted that video. It's an emotional reaction and you can tell he thinks its partly his fault that Grant wore the pride shirt.

I hope this was natural causes and that there was no link to his detainment. For those who want to see the video it's below, fair warning it is a tough watch,

Not gonna lie, I thought that was Mike Rapaport.

RIP. Hope things are investigated, specially a toxicology exam/autopsy is performed with US officials to put the issue to rest.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
if we've learned anything from Jamal Khashoggi and Shireen Abu Akleh it's that the US won't do anything

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
if we've learned anything from Jamal Khashoggi and Shireen Abu Akleh it's that the US won't do anything
Why would they? Are they going to start a war over a journalist who likely passed from being sick?

Yes there was some negligence but it genuinely seems like he was pretty sick and wanted to fight on.

Reactions: robertmac43

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Why would they? Are they going to start a war over a journalist who likely passed from being sick?

Yes there was some negligence but it genuinely seems like he was pretty sick and wanted to fight on.
oh, i doubt he was assassinated. guy was a sports journalists. i just know the US isn't going to investigate anything to see if perhaps there was foul play at hand

Reactions: Gecklund

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
oh, i doubt he was assassinated. guy was a sports journalists. i just know the US isn't going to investigate anything to see if perhaps there was foul play at hand
His wife is a physician who worked on Biden's transition team. She was in contact with the White House after he died. I haven't read any more than that but it seems to me that if there is any reason to suspect foul play given these circumstances they would be pretty likely to investigate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad