GDT: November 14th., 2015: Canucks at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs: Saturday game preview

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...oronto-maple-leafs-saturday-game-preview.html

Key matchup: Daniel Sedin vs. James Reimer. Reimer has been outstanding in his past four starts, and he’ll need to be sharp again as Daniel and brother Henrik visit town. Daniel has had at least one point in seven of his last nine contests. He combined for 11 points with his brother and fellow linemate Jannik Hanssen in a game against Columbus earlier this week.

Need to know: All 10 of Vancouver’s losses have been one-goal games, a number that could be better if the Canucks (7-5-5) were playing better on special teams. Vancouver, like the Leafs, has been strong five-on-five and excellent in terms of work ethic and puck possession . . . The Canucks are on a season-long, seven-game road trip, and have just three points from the first four games. Vancouver has outscored the opposition in those four games 10-5 at even strength, but has been outscored 8-1 on special teams . . . The powe rplay has produced just one goal in 13 opportunities on the trip so far, and has allowed a pair of shorthanded goals.

Up next: Sunday at New York Rangers, 7 p.m.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
If you thought that last Satuday's fellating of the Caps was over the top (which it was), just wait until Hughson takes the mic tonight. I plan on turning the volume so low that I can't make out the words.

Miller has been fairly weak lately. Could be the cure for Kadri's curse.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
A win here and we can all start talking about playoffs.

I agree and I hope Kadri can pot a few goals, he certainly has been trying and hopefully they will start to come and his contribution to the team has been Very good so far and hopefully it will continue.

We are starting to get good goal tending and our defense has become pretty solid and I would like to see Corrado make his debut and just see what he can do.
Go :leafs Go !

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
If you thought that last Satuday's fellating of the Caps was over the top (which it was), just wait until Hughson takes the mic tonight. I plan on turning the volume so low that I can't make out the words.

Miller has been fairly weak lately. Could be the cure for Kadri's curse.

Lately? You mean since he got traded to the Blues?

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 53m53 minutes ago
Doesn't look like the Leafs will make any lineup changes tonight meaning Boyes, Corrado and Marincin will remain out.

No Corrado still :(

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
A win here and we can all start talking about playoffs.

5rQ7BlE.gif

a win here does not mean we can start talking about playoffs. we're not going to be making the playoffs.

a win here means we can talk about how well they played

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Doesn't look like the Leafs will make any lineup changes tonight meaning Boyes, Corrado and Marincin will remain out.

He probably won't play until Polak is traded and/or a couple injuries happen.

It sucks but he'll get his chance.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
He probably won't play until Polak is traded and/or a couple injuries happen.

It sucks but he'll get his chance.

the way Lou was talking on the radio, it sounded like "soon"

Polak could be traded but I sure would like to see what Corrado can do before we make that move.

They probably know what Corrado can do and evidently he did play very well on the Marlies but I would still like to see for myself.

The other thing that may come into play is that Granberg has evidently been skating but is still a long way from being ready and he was playing well last year but he too could be a factor in these decisions.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I wonder when Boyes gets back into the lineup. We really need to make a trade on both the offensive and defensive side of the game to relieve this log jam. Luckily American Thanksgiving is coming up so we should be seeing some trades happening soon.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock meets with members of the media following Saturday's morning skate.

[nhl]873752[/nhl]

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I wonder when Boyes gets back into the lineup. We really need to make a trade on both the offensive and defensive side of the game to relieve this log jam. Luckily American Thanksgiving is coming up so we should be seeing some trades happening soon.

If you were another team who would you give up picks for?

After watching this year, I'd give a 5th. for Polak, and only after going through whatever prospects I had on my farm team.

I wouldn't give up anything for Boyes, Grabner, Parenteau or Matthias unless it was an exchange of a player I wanted moved.

I do think they have to give more time for chemistry to develop though.

Look at the Parenteau - Bozak - Matthias line, they look like they're still trying to figure out where each other is going to be. The line works hard, but they don't look good.

The only players on the same line with experience together are Riemsdyk-Kadri-Komarov all players who were on the team last year.

Perhaps when the other players have 20 games together we might see they are better than they've shown so far, but building chemistry on the fly, and Bozak missing games hasn't helped.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
:laugh: I like the jab at the schedule makers in that presser

I thought that was funny, but all we ever hear is there is no time to practice.

That complaint can't be used to this point in the season.

It was also good to sit outside drink wine/martinis and enjoy the nice autumn weather, once winter hits I'm indoors anyway!

Quit complaining and count your dollars Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad