Half-Assed GDT: note @ wild MOD WARNING IN OP AND POST 729

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Well bugger me that was fun and totally worth the 8 hour wait! :yo:

SOB was beasting, 20s line was dominant, STL was its typical great self and our fourthies hit the board. Where has this team been!?

Now to read back what I assume will be a thoroughly enjoyable 36 pages of half-assed GDT!

EDIT: Yep, that was a great read. Well done all. :laugh:

Last edited:

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
I totally messed myself up. I made reservations to take my fiance out for dinner at 6 on Friday. I wonder if saying "HURRY UP AND EAT!" would kill the romantic mood?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I totally messed myself up. I made reservations to take my fiance out for dinner at 6 on Friday. I wonder if saying "HURRY UP AND EAT!" would kill the romantic mood?

Game starts at 8:30. NHL has your back :) .

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
How about Lehterä? Don't recall him playing after that same shift Tarasenko got hit.

I think that was a coaching decision. Tarasenko only played 13 and a half minutes. Looks like Hitch sat them to prevent injury in a game that was already over.

My-kind-of-hunting_o_137054.jpg

I don't know why I found that so funny but I just fell off my couch laughing.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
Was working for game 2 and didn't watch game 4 based on what they did in game 3.

Maybe I should skip 5 too...

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Jake allen has been incredible. I think he's finally found his mojo. What a great future the blues have in net

This can't be said enough.

I was so wrong about him. He has absolutely been a rock back there. The Blues have been on their heels several times and he's held the fort down.

Allen>>>>>Dubnyk ANIC

And before this turns into an Allen Elliott thing. You have to look at how impossibly awesome Elliott would have to be to surpass Allen. Such a good problem to have.

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
This can't be said enough.

I was so wrong about him. He has absolutely been a rock back there. The Blues have been on their heels several times and he's held the fort down.

Allen>>>>>Dubnyk AMC

And before this turns into an Allen Elliott thing. You have to look at how impossibly awesome Elliott would have to be to surpass Allen. Such a good problem to have.
I'm just glad Hitch stuck with him instead of pulling the plug after going down 2-1. Allen except for that first goal of the series has been a rock, still can't believe there are still some in the Blues PO struggles thread saying goal tending was still their issue with why they were down.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Stastny was terrific last night I thought. Made some great passes to set up scoring chances, it feels like Berglund is the best winger for him surprisingly. I've been very pleased with Berglund as well this series, looks like a different player from the regular season.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Stastny was terrific last night I thought. Made some great passes to set up scoring chances, it feels like Berglund is the best winger for him surprisingly. I've been very pleased with Berglund as well this series, looks like a different player from the regular season.

There was one play where Stastny's stick prevented a sure goal, on a rebound following an Allen save. I rewound to see who it was, and sure enough it was Stastny.

Also, that broadcast crew was horrible. They added nothing in worthwhile analysis, and failed to notice lots of plays on the ice that Panger would normally have pointed out (for both teams).

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I think Stastny's goal was the most important last night. Wild were buzzing around after just scoring a goal, he gets a pass going straight up ice and puts one behind Dubnyk and sealed the deal, draining any hope.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
There was one play where Stastny's stick prevented a sure goal, on a rebound following an Allen save. I rewound to see who it was, and sure enough it was Stastny.

Also, that broadcast crew was horrible. They added nothing in worthwhile analysis, and failed to notice lots of plays on the ice that Panger would normally have pointed out (for both teams).

I caught that too, great backcheck on his part.

I actually like Brian Engblom personally, but he's a little drab with his commentary. I'm sure Panger was jumping and hooting after Tarasenko's goal while Engblom didn't show much excitement in his tone.

I'm not sure if many will agree with me here, but I would love Pierre McGuire to call a Blues series. I really enjoy his color casting.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm not sure if many will agree with me here, but I would love Pierre McGuire to call a Blues series. I really enjoy his color casting.

Pierre minus all the comments about where a guy played bantam and junior hockey would be awesome. Sadly, Pierre just can't help himself and uses his microphone for evil, shamelessly promoting how much he knows about hockey players' roots and not offering enough good information about the game that's playing out in front of him.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Pierre minus all the comments about where a guy played bantam and junior hockey would be awesome. Sadly, Pierre just can't help himself and uses his microphone for evil, shamelessly promoting how much he knows about hockey players' roots and not offering enough good information about the game that's playing out in front of him.

I enjoy him until he brings up his Blackhawks obsession. If a player makes a good play he has to freaking compare it to a player on the 'Hawks team. Since he usually does it within the first 10 minutes of a game I am annoyed the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad