Half-Assed GDT: note @ wild MOD WARNING IN OP AND POST 729

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaBlue

Mar 9, 2014
Wildwood, MO
There's little doubt that Berglund has stepped his game up a lot in the playoffs. I just wish we would have seen this all year.

I understand this and agree with it. But at the same time we've all stated all year that only the playoffs will really matter... so can't we apply the same to Berglund right now?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Another spot on prediction in this series is the ghost of Chris Stewart.

Yes, Berglund has been great. He's been trending in the right direction for awhile now

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
That Koivu-Stewart combo is good for the Blues. We all knew Stewart was going to be invisible, I didn't expect that from Koivu. Reading Wild fans comments, they don't seem surprised by Koivu vanishing, however.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I understand this and agree with it. But at the same time we've all stated all year that only the playoffs will really matter... so can't we apply the same to Berglund right now?

No doubt. When healthy he seems I play his best hockey in the big moments. In terms of individual play, the playoffs were all I cared about, but when it comes to deciding whether or not to keep him I think the regular season needs to be taken into account.

sloughfeg

Oct 5, 2014
Wild fan here (I come in peace!), just commenting on how strange this series has been. Have we seen one game yet wherein both teams are locked in and playing hard at the same time? Maybe moments during the 2nd game... that's all that really comes to mind. It's been an odd series, no doubt. Last year against the Avs it seemed like every game was a complete battle, with both teams clicking all the time (resulting in 3 OTs and all games decided by one goal), this year the teams are like... ok, you guys can have that one, we'll take the next one.

I'm a bit baffled. I'd like to see a real tight game, but maybe that's just not in the cards for this series. Anyways, it's been fun to get to know your players a bit better. Best of luck!

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Thinking back to last night.

good-day.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Wild fan here (I come in peace!), just commenting on how strange this series has been. Have we seen one game yet wherein both teams are locked in and playing hard at the same time? Maybe moments during the 2nd game... that's all that really comes to mind. It's been an odd series, no doubt. Last year against the Avs it seemed like every game was a complete battle, with both teams clicking all the time (resulting in 3 OTs and all games decided by one goal), this year the teams are like... ok, you guys can have that one, we'll take the next one.

I'm a bit baffled. I'd like to see a real tight game, but maybe that's just not in the cards for this series. Anyways, it's been fun to get to know your players a bit better. Best of luck!
Yeah, it's weird, and it's been a roller coaster of emotions. Felt pretty good after game 2, horrible after game 3, really good now after game 4. Who knows what will happen, and I'm sure both teams are experiencing that.

It definitely hasn't been as intense-feeling as our past couple series against LA and Chicago have been. Aside from Ott, there's no bad blood. Which is fine, it's refreshing to play a team that you don't want to physically beat to a pulp.

I'm hoping the Blues figured out how to open it up a little more while still playing sound hockey and that, along with home ice, will give us the advantage the rest of the series, but Minnesota will obviously be looking to respond.

And other people are right, Chris Stewart can't be counted on which isn't surprising.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I know we talked about the series going to 7 games but I think the winner of tomorrow's game wins the series.

Just my opinion.

I just don't see the Blues losing at home.

If Allen doesn't let in that soft goal at the beginning of Game 1, I think the Blues probably take that to OT and very well could win it. Having to play from behind all game and allow Minnesota to get comfortable playing defensive hockey made the entire game an uphill climb.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I just watch Frank's second goal. Jori made an unbelievable pass between the defense to spring Frank. Perfectly executed.

On a sad note, I am gonna miss the game Friday because I'll be out of town for turkey season.

Pardon my ignorance but what is turkey season?

As in turkey hunting season? They fly? *&^% never knew.

Or do you just chase them around a paddock and get them in a headlock?

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014

Every time I see you post I remember this scene

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Another spot on prediction in this series is the ghost of Chris Stewart.

Yes, Berglund has been great. He's been trending in the right direction for awhile now

Ive always wondered what could have been if we had held onto Stew and reunited him with Stastny this season. Granted, thats pretty low on the list of things that bother me about the Miller deal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Usually ambush hunt them. Sit in a blind for hours on end staring at decoys and using turkey calls...one comes along...shoot it.

The hell is a paddock lol.

I love our international fanbase btw

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ive always wondered what could have been if we had held onto Stew and reunited him with Stastny this season. Granted, thats pretty low on the list of things that bother me about the Miller deal.

Eh...alluring and unless he'd take a league min contract..I don't want to find out. He's just not very good

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
There's little doubt that Berglund has stepped his game up a lot in the playoffs. I just wish we would have seen this all year.

Berglund's defensive game was pretty close to consistent all year.

His offensive game was less than desirable during the regular season, but as mentioned in several threads throughout the year, his shooting percentage was bound to go up at some point. I think he'll probably top out at a 20-20-40 player now, considering his role on the team.

All 12 of his goals, and 14 of his 15 assists came during 5 on 5 play during the regular season. Perhaps with more powerplay time we could've seen more out of him, but if he wants to be an average 3rd liner who steps up big in the playoffs, he could secure a role for himself in the future.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Every time I see you post I remember this scene

Haha, that is frightfully close Elk ;)

Usually ambush hunt them. Sit in a blind for hours on end staring at decoys and using turkey calls...one comes along...shoot it.

The hell is a paddock lol.

I love our international fanbase btw

For those magnificent tasting ********....hours well worth it!

A paddock is a fenced off area that you keep animals in, usually the kind of place where you would wrestle pigs. I guess you call it something else :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad