Note on *OFFICIAL* 2014-15 Season threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Hey all... as I've been kindly reminded, camps and exhibition games have arrived, and it's high time to switch over from our "Off-season" threads to the full-up threads for the 2014-15 season.

As usual, I'd rather not have us mods just create the threads, but instead if a team's fan would be so kind as to start a new thread with as much useful season-intro information in it, that would be best. (Except where mods are fans, of course - as a 67's fan I leave that task to somebody else even then! :) )

As soon as I see a new thread for a team, I'll stick it and close the corresponding off-season thread.

Cheers!

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I closed off the remaining off-season threads... fans of the remaining teams can start the regular season threads. (Barrie, Owen Sound, Kitchener - looking at you!)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Update: I also took the "OFFICIAL" off the thread titles... back when we started doing the stickied team threads it was kind of a special designation to differentiate from other subject threads, but I think now it kind of just takes up space and looks a little excessively gaudy... :)

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Instead of locking off season threads, doesn't it make just as much sense to just change the thread title to remove "offseason"? I don't think any Rangers fan cares whether a thread applies to just regular season (which hasn't started yet, by the way :D).

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Instead of locking off season threads, doesn't it make just as much sense to just change the thread title to remove "offseason"? I don't think any Rangers fan cares whether a thread applies to just regular season (which hasn't started yet, by the way :D).
Well, the off-season thread started in March for the Rangers, which was a looooong time ago... :)

And they aren't "regular season" threads... a "season" thread might start with training camp, or exhibtion games, say... (arguably off-season too, of course, just we didn't do it that way)... :)

Anyway, generally speaking the goal is to maintain an OHL forum structure that works as well as possible for most folks here, given we can't quite go to the extreme of individual team sub-forums, so any preferences or ideas for facilitating that are definitely appreciated... we've kind of been on this all-purpose-team-thread thing for a while, leaving individual-theme or general-league-wide topics for the non-stickied section of the forum, so far it seems to work, but let us know if you have any ideas or concerns, we aim to please.
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad