Notable Wrestlers Who Wrestled For Both WCW And The WWE And Never Faced Each Other?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Two of my all time favourites, Rich Rude and Curt Hennig, never had a match as far as I know even with being in WWF and then WCW at the same time. The Rude Brood connection was just too deep.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I was shocked because I never recalled Hogan and Hart having a match but they did on Nitro and it was like a 2 minute crap show, with Hart being carted out on a stretcher.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Shawn Michaels and The Rock. Ok, its only WWF (WWE) but still surprised about that.

Here some interesting views to this:

Dwyane 'The Rock' Johnson, commonly known as The Rock, once had a backstage altercation with Shawn Michaels. Michaels and The Rock were among two of the greatest Superstars of the WWE (WWF) Attitude Era, but the pair seemingly had been real-life rivals since the 90s.
During the Attitude Era, several statements and confessions emerged regarding the darker side of Michaels. HBK and The Kliq came up as a group that bullied upcoming WWE stars and The Rock was one of those WWE Superstars who had his issues with Michaels and co.
The Kliq consisted of Michaels, Triple H, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Sean Waltman. Over the years, the group has developed quite the notorious reputation for backstage antics.

The Rock and Shawn Michaels' feud turned quite ugly back in the day
According to rumors, The Rock never wanted to work with Shawn Michaels and the latter tried to sabotage his push. The bitterness between the two men seemingly started when The Rock was growing up as a teenager in Hawaii and Michaels came to work and reportedly said something derogatory about Rock’s promoter grandmother, Lia Maivia.
Later in a segment, Michaels landed a superkick on The Rock and caught him in the jaw. When HBK was told backstage that the superkick was too stiff, he responded by telling The Rock, “If you can’t handle it, you shouldn’t be in the business.”
That resulted in Rock pinning Michaels down to the ground, but the two were reportedly separated before things could further escalate.

Similarly, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart also mentioned in his podcast how Michaels and co. made things hard for The Rock. Hart mentioned that The Rock was a "marked guy" and the wrestlers who tried to break him almost succeeded in making him quit.
"A lot of the wrestlers would give him a hard time in those days, a really hard time, enough to try to break him and get him to quit and they almost succeeded. And I can remember going to bat for Dwayne quite a few times and kind of looking out for him, Owen too. I think Owen and I had a lot to do with sort of looking out for him when he first came down. [The Rock] was kind of a marked guy.” said Bret Hart.

Going back to The Rock and Michaels, the two men never crossed paths inside the squared circle, as a back injury in 1998 forced HBK to take time off from in-ring competition. Michaels would go on to make his return to action around 2002 and by that point, The Rock was already on his way out of the business.

Reactions: Voight

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was shocked because I never recalled Hogan and Hart having a match but they did on Nitro and it was like a 2 minute crap show, with Hart being carted out on a stretcher.

Two all timers in their first ever match, a few years after they had legitimate heat at a Wrestlemania? Gimmick that shit up.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
If we're talking about two guys that we're on the same roster at the same time and could easily have even done:

Michaels vs. Rock

Michaels vs. Eddie Guerrero - apparently this was the plan for WrestleMania 22

Lesnar vs. Batista

And the ultimate one is Sting vs. Taker. I remember when Sting vs. HHH was announced and thought it made sense because you had to have Sting's first WWE match be a win and he certainly wasn't beating Taker at WrestleMania. But they had Sting lose anyway. Has anyone on a podcast or something ever spoken about the reasons behind not doing Sting vs Taker?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
If we're talking about two guys that we're on the same roster at the same time and could easily have even done:

Michaels vs. Rock

Lesnar vs. Batista

And the ultimate one is Sting vs. Taker. I remember when Sting vs. HHH was announced and thought it made sense because you had to have Sting's first WWE match be a win and he certainly wasn't beating Taker at WrestleMania. But they had Sting lose anyway. Has anyone on a podcast or something ever spoken about the reasons behind not doing Sting vs Taker?

I don't think I followed the rules laid out in the thread title.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Michaels vs. Rock

Lesnar vs. Batista

Wasn't one of the HHH-Taker matches originally supposed to be Sting, like they had vignettes and all hinting towards, but then for whatever reason it ended up being HHH?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Wasn't one of the HHH-Taker matches originally supposed to be Sting, like they had vignettes and all hinting towards, but then for whatever reason it ended up being HHH?

I don't remember any Sting-Taker vignettes. Maybe you are talking about 2011 when WWE was close to getting Sting and they played some teasers. Pretty sure those were made for Sting until they couldn't come to terms and they just became vignettes to announce Undertaker's return. This one below? This was one of several where it seemed like they were hyping Sting's debut. But I think the idea was Sting and Taker vs. Kane and someone else.

But also, check out this cool fan made hype video:

I hate that this match never happened, even though they would have been in their 50s.

Reactions: Doubledose

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I don't remember any Sting-Taker vignettes. Maybe you are talking about 2011 when WWE was close to getting Sting and they played some teasers. Pretty sure those were made for Sting until they couldn't come to terms and they just became vignettes to announce Undertaker's return. This one below? This was one of several where it seemed like they were hyping Sting's debut. But I think the idea was Sting and Taker vs. Kane and someone else.

I hate that this match never happened, even though they would have been in their 50s.

That video pumped me up so much for that potential of a match. Whoever made that should be hired immediately by WWE.

Reactions: Megahab

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Yea those are the vignettes I was talking about. I think I even remember one with the guy holding a bat. Clearly meant for Sting originally and then it wound up jus being Taker vs. HHH when they couldn't get a deal done.

I still can't believe when Sting finally came they jobbed him out to HHH. Just one final FU to WCW by Vince. It also made no sense that the nWo came out to help him. And if you're gonna do that. AT LEAST put them in Wolfpac shirts.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Yea those are the vignettes I was talking about. I think I even remember one with the guy holding a bat. Clearly meant for Sting originally and then it wound up jus being Taker vs. HHH when they couldn't get a deal done.

I still can't believe when Sting finally came they jobbed him out to HHH. Just one final FU to WCW by Vince. It also made no sense that the nWo came out to help him. And if you're gonna do that. AT LEAST put them in Wolfpac shirts.

Yeah Hogan especially helping Sting made zero sense. I guess it was cool having nWo vs. Dx but still.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Maybe I'm bending the rules, but they never faced each other in a 1 on 1 match.

Undertaker v Eddie Guerrero

This a good one. The only match I can remember with the two of them is a 4 way match at Armageddon 2004 also involving JBL and Booker T.

I don't remember any one on one Taker matches against Jericho or Benoit either.

Others that may have been done that didn't get much focus as it should have or I just don't remember them:

HBK vs. CM Punk
Edge vs. CM Punk
A proper Cena vs Taker after Cena became a star.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
HBK vs. Lesnar - they had almost 2 years to do this from 2002-2004 but they didn't.
Jericho vs. Lesnar

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
This a good one. The only match I can remember with the two of them is a 4 way match at Armageddon 2004 also involving JBL and Booker T.

I don't remember any one on one Taker matches against Jericho or Benoit either.

Others that may have been done that didn't get much focus as it should have or I just don't remember them:

HBK vs. CM Punk
Edge vs. CM Punk
A proper Cena vs Taker after Cena became a star.

Undertaker and Jericho wrestled in 2010. I recall Jericho beat him with a code-breaker in a Smackdown! match.

WWE SmackDown 2/12/10 The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho HQ - YouTube

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
HBK vs. Lesnar - they had almost 2 years to do this from 2002-2004 but they didn't.
Jericho vs. Lesnar
There's an episode of Raw at one point where Michaels and Lesnar cross paths. Michaels hits Lesnar with some punches and superkicks him out of the ring. It still gets me amped for a match that never happened today.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
There's an episode of Raw at one point where Michaels and Lesnar cross paths. Michaels hits Lesnar with some punches and superkicks him out of the ring. It still gets me amped for a match that never happened today.

Was that the lead up to Summerslam 2002? I vaguely remember HBK and Lesnar getting physical then.

Of course, they got physical in the Lesnar HHH feud in 2012-2013, where Lesnar broke HBK's arm but that was after HBK had retired.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I was one pick away from having Michaels and Lesnar in the wrestling draft. I am still annoyed that it didn't happen.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Was that the lead up to Summerslam 2002? I vaguely remember HBK and Lesnar getting physical then.

Of course, they got physical in the Lesnar HHH feud in 2012-2013, where Lesnar broke HBK's arm but that was after HBK had retired.
Bingo.

I was one pick away from having Michaels and Lesnar in the wrestling draft. I am still annoyed that it didn't happen.
That would have been one of the best picked main events of any draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad