Notable names for 2004 Entry Draft - NHL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
How incredibly uninspiring. I mean, are we just going to get the same pack of names that appeared in last year's Hockey News repeated over and over again until draft day, when suddenly everyone realises that a bunch of new people have jumped up near the front of the pack? I know everyone likes to bash the Poop Report (with plenty of justification mind you), but at least they do have one thing going for them in that they mix in new names when those guys impress rather than just sitting on the same pack of players that were listed as "surefire top 10s" a year before the draft.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Who the heck is Tyler Kennedy? I have not heard his name mentioned in any post on this board relating to 2004 prospects. Also was not mentioned in Mckeens recent Top 75 for the 2004 draft. Who is he and is he really as good as the article makes him out to be and does he deserve to be mentioned with the likes of the others such as Olesz, Ovechekin, Schremp, Dubnyk, etc.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
This article wasn't even well-researched.

Ovechkin, who plays for Moscow's Red Army team, is being considered as a franchise player. He has the potential to be flashier than Atlanta's Ilya Kovalchuk.

Funny, EVERYTHING I have heard from anyone of relevance states basically the opposite, that Kovalchuk is the more flashy and offensively skilled of the two but Ovechkin is a more complete package of scoring, defense, size, leadership, etc. I have never heard him refered to as flashier than Kovalchuk.

leafaholix*

Johannes Salomonsson's injury may drop him to the Leafs!

The thought of that makes me giddy.

Dr_Chimera*

go pierre hedin said:
Johannes Salomonsson's injury may drop him to the Leafs!

The thought of that makes me giddy.

He said he'll opt out (McKeen's reported it mid Oct.), but he might still change his mind.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Dr_Chimera said:
He said he'll opt out (McKeen's reported it mid Oct.), but he might still change his mind.

yupp, he said to the Swedish newspaper Expressen that he was thinking about opting out.

If he has a strong U18 WJC tournament in April I'm sure he'll not opt out.. but if he is not fit enough or performs below expectations he is likely to opt out.

If he opts out Sweden's draft group for 2005 will be scary.. there are some potential stars in the making among the Swedish 87's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad