Post-Game Talk: Not Yet Buffalo - Not Yet - PATRIOTS 2019 AFC EAST CHAMPS

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-12-21_6-18-55.png

PATRIOTS: Game Release (PDF) - Roster - Depth Chart - Stats - Watch Games
BILLS: Roster - Depth Chart - Stats - Roster Flip Card (PDF)

As far as Boston teams in other sports are concerned this forum is also home turf for the Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots. While we understand that many Bruins fans are not fans of the other local teams the same guidelines apply. Attacking Patriots, RedSox, Celtics fans will be considered the same as attacking Bruins fans.

source.gif

upload_2019-12-21_6-21-59.png

LogoAFLRedraw.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Maine Fan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Quite honestly not looking forward to this game.

I think we all have to accept that the Brady era is ending.

The Patriots and Bills were fierce rivals in the old AFL but the last 50 years not so much - When the Bills were good the Pats stunk and in this century the Bills have been a nonfactor - until now.

Brady will be on the Boston sports Mount Rushmore for decades to come along with Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Bobby Orr and deservedly so.

Yet I can not think of any Boston athlete in my lifetime who has become invisible in the community as Brady has. When he does a rare public appearance he has been known to take a helicopter to the event. He never appears in studio on Boston sports shows and does make phone appearances on WEEI for which he is compensated.

I would love to see him get ring #7 this year but I can't see it this year.

Next year? I see TB12 playing for the Chicago Bears :(

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Good luck to the Pats today! I'll be busy doing other shit, possibly, but for some reason the Bills legitimately remind me of my Jags back in 2017...great defense, Bortles-esque QB that has to scramble to show his effectiveness. I could be wrong but does anybody else think Allen is a longtime franchise QB for Buffalo or just a guy right now?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
shit going to miss some of this for Star Wars. No wonder good seats were available. :(

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

The Patriots and Bills were fierce rivals in the old AFL but the last 50 years not so much - When the Bills were good the Pats stunk and in this century the Bills have been a nonfactor - until now.

Brady will be on the Boston sports Mount Rushmore for decades to come along with Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Bobby Orr and deservedly so.

Yet I can not think of any Boston athlete in my lifetime who has become invisible in the community as Brady has. When he does a rare public appearance he has been known to take a helicopter to the event. He never appears in studio on Boston sports shows and does make phone appearances on WEEI for which he is compensated.

I’ve more than accepted it as I’ve quite honestly never been a huge Brady fan. I appreciate the hell out of him but he’s always had an arrogance that I never liked.

I’m biased as I met Bledsoe his rookie season and he stayed long past he should have to take a photo with me. He was also very visible (sometimes too visible) in the community.

I honestly hope Tom hangs them up after this season. The team needs to move on cleanly and not play his games.

I hope to hell they win today but it won’t be enjoyable unless we run up the score early.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’ve more than accepted it as I’ve quite honestly never been a huge Brady fan. I appreciate the hell out of him but he’s always had an arrogance that I never liked.

I’m biased as I met Bledsoe his rookie season and he stayed long past he should have to take a photo with me. He was also very visible (sometimes too visible) in the community.

I honestly hope Tom hangs them up after this season. The team needs to move on cleanly and not play his games.

I hope to hell they win today but it won’t be enjoyable unless we run up the score early.

^THIS^^^ Arrogance is the word. IMO he got worse when he married Gizzelle (sp). Can't remember which playoff game it was that he didn't bring his
best but then when they interviewed his wife she said something to the affect of "Tom can only throw the ball, he can't catch it too."
I just hope that Bill Belichick stays and they have a plan to rebuild. Their drafting is pretty bad so I have a feeling that Belichick is probably going to bail too. I have family members who are huge HUUGE fans and they're going to have a really hard time dealing with the Brady-less, Belichick-less Patriots. They live near a winery, I can only imagine how much they're gonna spend on wine in the next few years.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
^THIS^^^ Arrogance is the word. IMO he got worse when he married Gizzelle (sp). Can't remember which playoff game it was that he didn't bring his
best but then when they interviewed his wife she said something to the affect of "Tom can only throw the ball, he can't catch it too."
I just hope that Bill Belichick stays and they have a plan to rebuild. Their drafting is pretty bad so I have a feeling that Belichick is probably going to bail too. I have family members who are huge HUUGE fans and they're going to have a really hard time dealing with the Brady-less, Belichick-less Patriots. They live near a winery, I can only imagine how much they're gonna spend on wine in the next few years.
I think Bill will stay for at least one or two more years.

Bill always has a plan it is just a matter of when he will implement it and whether he has buy in from RKK.

This offseason is going to be very interesting for the team and us as fans.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

I agree with your post. Brady has been great but lets not forget Edelman, Gronk, and Welker did a lot to make him so great.

Fenway, why do you think Chicago?

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I honestly don't think the Patriots will win another Super Bowl in our lifetimes once Brady and Belichick are gone...

Enjoy every moment of what is left here.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I actually kinda agree with the Brady to Miami talk that’s been quietly put out there.

Ton of money and draft picks to surround him with what he wants, familiar with the HC, apparently close with the owner, plus Giselle in Miami is I’m sure a factor. Would also be familiar with the division.

How far is Costa Rica from Miami?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Is this based on inside info or just a gut feeling?

I don't think it would be shocking to see him leave this year (there are certainly plenty of signs), but it just seems like Kraft would do whatever it takes to keep him around, even if it meant going against Belichick's wishes.

As for the options, it feels like there really aren't that many. I think he's only going to consider teams that are a QB away from being contenders. He's not going to want to go somewhere and lose, and I think he's smart enough to know that he's not good enough anymore to instantly turn any team into a contender. For that reason, I'd disagree with @N o o d l e s comment above about Miami. You add Brady to that team, they're still not close to a contender.

The only options that seem like realistic possibilities are the Bears and the Titans, and with how Tannehill has been playing, you have to wonder if they think that 43 year old Brady would be a better option. I've seen the Chargers thrown out as a possibility, but that's another team that might not be a contender even with Brady. I'd bet the NFL would love for Brady to go to LA. It'd give them a spark just as they're moving into a new stadium.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Is it bad that I saw that coming from a mile away? Terrible awareness by Burkhead when he had no chance of getting additional yards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad