Not really a prospect...(Exelby)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen Wilson

Feb 21, 2003
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
I've always had a thing for nasty defenseman, I like him alot. He has very limited offensive upside, but I take him solely for his toughness.
What do you see him translating into? Has he hit his ceiling? or is there still room for improvement?

I don't see any offense in him, but could he be solid #4? or even #3?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Owen Wilson said:
What do you see him translating into? Has he hit his ceiling? or is there still room for improvement?

I don't see any offense in him, but could he be solid #4? or even #3?

I could definitely see him developing into a physically menacing number 3 min the future. He's one of the best body checkers in the game, but at the same time, he plays a very composed defensive game and is great at shutting down an offensive unit.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
I'm definitely bias but here's what I see of X:

1. Stay-at-home type old school defenseman. All defense, little or no offense. Solid positionally (most of the time). Still improving his game.

2. Not much offense but can make the outlet pass and support the forwards. (still able to be a +7 while only scoring 3 points).

3. Will lay out any unsuspecting forward when the opportunity presents but will not wander out of position to do so.

4. Can be a mean SOB if provoked. Will jump to his mates defense when necessary. Has shown much improved discipline this year.

5. Coach Hartley loves him and is rewarding his play with ice-time (about 15 minutes/game).

6. Future C or A on this team and a fixture for a long time.

Peronally, I would take another X in a heartbeat. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad