GDT: Not in the Playoffs Panthers vs Playoff Clinched Leafs - 7:30 PM on Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Points don't really matter any more. We need to play .500 going forward and we'll clinch home ice against the Bolts.

I know people hate the 11/7 but I think the blender is giving every player time with other players, so that if Keefe has to shuffle things around a bit in the playoffs, there are no combinations were the players haven't played together.

I hope once ROR returns then the line juggling stops and we play a few games with the playoff line up.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Points don't really matter any more. We need to play .500 going forward and we'll clinch home ice against the Bolts.

I know people hate the 11/7 but I think the blender is giving every player time with other players, so that if Keefe has to shuffle things around a bit in the playoffs, there are no combinations were the players haven't played together.

I hope once ROR returns then the line juggling stops and we play a few games with the playoff line up.
Perhaps that's what they are waiting for.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Why do they want to start the game at 7:30? especially at home. I would never understand this.

Keefe went 11F and 7D with both ROR and Acciari in the line up (game where ROR got injured); he had scratched ZAR for that game
Most Wednesday games are 7:30, think it's a tv thing

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Habs fan here, need some help from you guys. Really want to solidify that Panthers pick in the 12-16 range. You guys beating them tonight and softening them up for us to beat them tomorrow would be real helpful.

Last time out we were unable to beat them without that B2b softening- any help is appreciated.. For tonight at least, its Go Leafs go

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Never understood the complaints about 7:30 starts It's just an extra 30 minutes

Habs fan here, need some help from you guys. Really want to solidify that Panthers pick in the 12-16 range. You guys beating them tonight and softening them up for us to beat them tomorrow would be real helpful.

Last time out we were unable to beat them without that B2b softening- any help is appreciated.. For tonight at least, its Go Leafs go

Wouldn't it be better for you long term if you lost? That way your odds at Bedard improve

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Never understood the complaints about 7:30 starts It's just an extra 30 minutes

Wouldn't it be better for you long term if you lost? That way your odds at Bedard improve
I think with our pick we are pretty much locked in to 5th worse (8.5%) odds or 6th worse 7.5% odds. We are 10 points up on the ducks for 4th- they are not making that up if we lose every game. We are 4 pts behind Philly 7th worse and they have 2 games in hand.

I would prefer to beat Fla ensuring they don't sneak in as WC and go on a run and Buffalo and Ottawa are still only 2 points behind them and caps 3 points, there is an outside shot Fla could drop off a couple places. B2b losses to Leafs and habs would leave them at least 3 points behind Pens WC2 (depending on their game with nashville) with one less game to play

Edit: and ultimately while FLA would need to trop to 11th worse to win lottery, I would be nice to hear Kent Hughes say the Habs are proud to select with the pick i got for ben F'n Chiarot from the WHL...

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Good call. I knew there was a method to his madness.

I'm genuinely getting concerned that we're going to start game 1 with 11f 7d

And Matt Murray in net :sarcasm:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Time for a goalie to get hot. Don't care which one.

Get ROR healthy and figure out the D pairings.

Other than that, this all feels like preseason hockey

Reactions: HolyCrap

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Why is that so dreadful? It's literally only 30 minutes difference then regular start time lol
For me when going down to the game, that's 30 minutes later getting home which can make a difference if I have an early morning.
If I'm watching at home, 7 is usually when I am ready to relax after dinner. No biggie, would just rather start watching then flip around for 30 minutes.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I rather ROR heal properly than come back half-assed. I think he was pretty easily able to fit in, just curious what the line combos will be when he is here.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
For me when going down to the game, that's 30 minutes later getting home which can make a difference if I have an early morning.
If I'm watching at home, 7 is usually when I am ready to relax after dinner. No biggie, would just rather start watching then flip around for 30 minutes.
I typically watch the 1st live and then the 2nd & 3rd on PVR after the wife goes to bed, so I prefer the 7pm starts as well

Reactions: Al14 and ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad