Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

No f***ing shit. Ken Holland's a piece of shit.

Well f*** if Stauffer didn’t Jack off to Lindholm and push the need for an 8th center, maybe Holland would have clued in to OTHER more pressing needs. Like replacing Ceci’s useless ass and giving us some more snipers to improve our 28th ranked finishing in this League.

Reactions: McAsuno

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
In the last 14 months Vancouver has added Lindholm Zadorov Hronek Soucy who have all been impact players. Holland has added….an injured 34 year old Henrique who can’t centre his own line.

They had the depth and balls to take out an entire line of Lafferty Mikheyev Karlsson because they were “passengers” and were rewarded with absolutely no passengers tonight. Huge indictment of this organization.
Agree entirely. Failure by Holland as you've pointed out.

Also we're now into game 6 and I highly doubt Knob will have the balls to take out 3 underperforming players.

Failure first and foremost gm level. Failure as well at the coaching level.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Both of these coaches are reactive idiots, to be fair, like most of them

Far too much loyalty to players that have sucked for most of the playoffs

Will Ceci finally draw out? LOL yeah right

Nothing new with Ceci. The players cared more about their friendship with the plug than having another Dman that can defend and transition the puck cleanly out of the oilers end. Then good ol soft piece of shit Holland caved in to their advocating.

You notice how Holland hasn't been shown whatsoever in this series against the nucks? The piece of shit doesn't deserve to fly off freely this season

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
In the last 14 months Vancouver has added Lindholm Zadorov Hronek Soucy who have all been impact players. Holland has added….an injured 34 year old Henrique who can’t centre his own line.

They had the depth and balls to take out an entire line of Lafferty Mikheyev Karlsson because they were “passengers” and were rewarded with absolutely no passengers tonight. Huge indictment of this organization.

The cap space is Holland's fault but the Canucks had cap space to make these moves. It's kind of a big deal. Stecher is an upgrade on Ceci that the coach refuses to play

KK gets to chase around Talk-shit and do the same thing for game 6. Reactive garbage coaching. He needed to make changes 3 games ago

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Petterson is a fraud.
What a lol contract. Imagine what would be said here if this was an Oilers contract. hell even Nurse at 9M, at least he can play anytime he's not with Ceci. petey looks like a boy out there.

lol at Hughes as well. Completely schooled even by Corey Perry in third period with game on line. That was some amateur defending. Perry faked him out of his socks. Too bad he didn't cash.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think that Henriques net front play has been more impactful than Perry.
I also like that Henrique is a center.

He also has much younger legs. ;)
He was in the right positions as Ekholm banked some pucks off him. Perry doesn’t get the same opportunity playing on our bottom lines. But yeh Perry haven’t been great, i see where you are coming from.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This team has been one goal away in each of its losses in this series. I understand the playstyle we prefer to see in the playoffs. But the margins between a loss and a win aren't as significant as many believe they are.

Give me Henrique because he improves our looks in the top six.
Henrique was the bare minimum. They needed more. Even if we get past Vancouver do you think we can beat Dallas or Colorado? And then Rangers/Panthers?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The cap space is Holland's fault but the Canucks had cap space to make these moves. It's kind of a big deal. Stecher is an upgrade on Ceci that the coach refuses to play

KK gets to chase around Talk-shit and do the same thing for game 6. Reactive garbage coaching. He needed to make changes 3 games ago

Inexcusable that the team continued to play passively in the 3rd after a horrific 2nd period. Like who the f*** is teaching the team to constantly float the puck out the Oilers end which keeps giving the canucks more possession of the puck to attack offensively.

I said it to my family during the watch party too. The Oilers played like they held a lead in the 2nd/3rd when there was no lead to defend to begin with. Such passive f***ing players either floating the puck out of the Oilers end, rarely forechecking when the puck is dumped in, can't make a clean pass, and refusal to shoot the f***ing puck.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I truly believe Joel Edmundson would have upgraded Ceci at 875K and added much needed Cup experience and snarl to the back end.

Reactions: Keggatron

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Lil Petey callout didn't even work though. The fans even chanting his name and really he got nothing done even with the linemates he specifically wanted. most of the time on the bench the guy looks like he's in severe need of antidepressants.

This isn't about what the Canucks are doing as much as about the Oilers being luled by LA Kings and not adjusting to this series. Like they figured it would be easier. When one looks at how ordinary pettersson and Hughes have been in this series one would think that only result in a series loss. But then McD plays 4 of the worst playoff games of his life being essentially nothing. First line was awful tonight and more awful considering the D pair is Ekholm Booch with them. What a waste of resources. They were all off tonight. All -2 as well.
They haven't needed him with Miller and Lindholm dominating. I hope he stays sullen and invisible but he's still a one-shot guy that can be checked out and still rip a mid-range dagger to score. The Oilers are one game from extinction facing an organizational #3 goaltender. The #1 guy is an elite or close in a league with few of them. Oil had a table set pretty well coming into this series.

When the Oil have been competitive in the face-off circle they have been able to assert their puck possession, high offensive zone time game on the Canucks. Too often though they have been dominated in the dot and forced to defend or sludge through layers of opposition defending. Bad night for McDavid to so badly outplayed. Unfortunately Bouchard's stellar game slipped. Line 1 was terrible with those two struggling. Carried over to a slow, static power play. Not converting in the first period was a killer. Got the start they wanted. Then slipped on a banana and Canucks took the game by the throat for 40 minutes.

Reactions: K1984 and Keggatron

BIeucheeseWithWings

Jul 9, 2022
How to get over this depressed feeling over a sports game I have no control over
1715917898628190.png

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He was in the right positions as Ekholm banked some pucks off him. Perry doesn’t get the same opportunity playing on our bottom lines. But yeh Perry haven’t been great, i see where you are coming from.
Yeah you know its not like its going to make a whole lot of difference but Henrique can sub in on the top 6 occasionally too.
Cant do that with Perry.

Its interesting though that in a game like this how much the 4th line stood out.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bruh, this is the Canucks. Who would they have added to get past these absolute juggernaut greatest team of all time??

Seriously, they had the depth to beat them without any adds

Skinner farted away two winnable games in the first 4. Maybe Holland should have gotten a goalie (all due respect to Pickard as he's played great but he shouldn't be starting). McDavid has been absolutely pedestrian, same with Hyman.

Walker, Duclair or whatever wouldn't be the difference
All I’m saying is the team is flawed in significant areas.

All teams are flawed in a cap world but I don’t think Holland did enough to try to address specific flaws.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Henrique was the bare minimum. They needed more. Even if we get past Vancouver do you think we can beat Dallas or Colorado? And then Rangers/Panthers?
Holland saw Ceci cratering all year, a need to add one more top 6 winger, and a 1B goalie. His adds (an aging 34yo C, a 4th liner and a 6/7 D) have racked up 3 total points in game 10 of the playoffs. He spent a 1st, 4th and 5th. Ken didn't help this team. A failure. A flop. f*** him forever.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This series has also put the gretz mcdavid debate to rest.

There is no ways Wayne would have only 1 goal Vs the f***ing Vancouver Canucks.
Damn straight. Nor did Wayne have to have Mess on his line to get himself going.

Its so odd that through the whole era the convo has been about Drai living on McD's coat tails. In the playoffs its anything but that. EV, in playoffs, McD gets little done without Drai most postseasons.

Reactions: Keggatron

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nothing new with Ceci. The players cared more about their friendship with the plug than having another Dman that can defend and transition the puck cleanly out of the oilers end. Then good ol soft piece of shit Holland caved in to their advocating.

You notice how Holland hasn't been shown whatsoever in this series against the nucks? The piece of shit doesn't deserve to fly off freely this season

He’s already house hunting in Columbus.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Inexcusable that the team continued to play passively in the 3rd after a horrific 2nd period. Like who the f*** is teaching the team to constantly float the puck out the Oilers end which keeps giving the canucks more possession of the puck to attack offensively.

I said it to my family during the watch party too. The Oilers played like they held a lead in the 2nd/3rd when there was no lead to defend to begin with. Such passive f***ing players either floating the puck out of the Oilers end, rarely forechecking when the puck is dumped in, can't make a clean pass, and refusal to shoot the f***ing puck.
Yeh I mentioned in my first post in the post game. It seemed like the Oilers just sat back hoping for mistakes like they were gifted in the 1st. Instead of driving play and generating for themselves, they played the hope game which created that passiveness in our game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well it doesn't help that Henrique got injured. But it seemed like a soft focus in terms of team priority. I think they needed a hard 3C and felt they should have paid the price for Laughton, a guy with some term and younger, more bite. The biggest need was top 4 RD but that was a limited market with Tanev not being dealt to Edmonton.

This team misses Kostin and big, functional toughnesss in the bottom six. There's been no response to a way more physically aggressive opponent.
I would agree generally. Holland just tried to wave his hand with one trade hoping it would be enough but he just didn’t do enough to address specific flaws in this roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad