Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
One thing we need to adjust - why are we so passive in the d-zone? Every time it seems like we let teams just walk in and setup. EP should never have the time there to put it on net

Seems when we get in the d-zone there is no space at all

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Disagree. Canucks are coming up with clutch plays and we aren’t. That’s really all it is. We blew a 4-1 lead they hung on to a 4-2 lead. We gave them a free goal tonight they didn’t once all series. This is the margins the playoffs comes down to. McDavid has 1 point in 3 games JT miller is shutting him down and scoring game winners late. This ain’t a coaching thing it’s players rising to the occasion and others not.
Exactly right, man. Vancouver's guys have shown up consistently, and have displayed far more hunger. I don't know what the f*** is going on in that room, or what the hell they do to prepare... but it clearly isn't working. They f***ing quit playing half way through games.. like how the f*** do you even do that? How the hell do you just literally stop playing and decide you'd rather turtle defensively, and react to whatever the other team is doing, instead of sticking with your earlier efforts and taking the game to them, dictating play? FFS this team.. this management.. the f***ing players have themselves to blame. But not one of them will look in the f***ing mirror and own up to it. Not one.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
And while we had this lack of effort and execution going our coach was laying behind the bench rocking in a hammock, sipping on a margarita. How about showing a pulse and start lighting a fire under their asses
Dude there's no way the team is healthy right now.
What are you going to do if you know they just can't perform.
Let's see what comes out.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I made no predictions about the game tonight. Game 4 was a nightmare we barely escaped from. So I was worried about this one in Vancouver with them having last change. Without Pickard in net we get blown out in this one. probably 7-2. Was that bad.

Oilers are not feeling any mojo here. Getting worse as series progresses was a concern.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Knoblauch is way to ducking laid back. Guy has no hunger. He acts and talks like we just lost just another regular season game. Good lord.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Also RNH cannot be on McDavid’s wing in the playoffs. It’s fine in the regular season when you’re playing sleepy games against average teams but when the intensity ramps up you need a more physical winger or at least someone with a higher motor.
I don’t know. Since they’ve been back together they’ve had some close connects. Like that one cross creased from Nuge to McD that just went wide on the shot. Not saying Nuge is the perfect winger for McD but his poise and ability with his puck touches will probably get the puck on McDs stick more than other guys we have. For example, Kane would be a complete waste next to McD.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
What a horrible game. It won't make a difference if we beat Vancouver. We're not beating Dallas or Colorado. I hope our next GM as the sense to trade McLeod, he provides f*** all offensively.

Either of these teams will get absolutely slaughtered by Dallas / Colorado.

Cucks won't mind, this series is their Cup, like it was for the Oilers vs Flames in 2022

Reactions: MoontoScott

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
All we gotta do is send it to seven. A 22 year old kid, Anthony Edwards promised game 7 against the defending NBA champions and delivered. McDavid separates himself from his competition far more than other superstars in their respective sport. It's time for him to deliver and take over the series.
And the Timberwolves absolutely eviscerated the Nuggets by 50 tonight.

When is the last time the Oilers decisively destroyed a team like that in a big game? We don't have that dog in us.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yes this coach doesn’t have a passionate bone in his body and is a worse coach. No this ain’t that series, we actually played well for most of that series, we look like we were lucky to make the playoffs this series.

Of course, it won’t be the end of the world. This was our last good chance at the cup though. So it sucks that we failed, again. Our window isn’t closed but we are entering Pittsburgh territory.
Ain’t over till it’s over my friend. We can and will win 2 games against these Nucks.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
At least we aren't the leafs. Better to lose in round 2 than round 1!
When you are in cup or bust mode it doesn’t matter. Anything other than a cup finals appearance is a failure for both clubs. Toronto looks to be making changes. I’m excited to trade Kulak and call it a summer we /s

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hopefully Henrique is good to go. There's a lot more finish in his game than Nuge.

Kane's placement on this roster is a tough call though. The giveaways are glaring.
Henrique is more of the same. They need someone who has more of a give a shit motor.

Holloway is that but then you worry about his defense since that line needs at least one defensively responsible forward on it.

Holland blew it at the deadline. Not nearly enough added.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Mcdavid has 1 point in 3 games , and has been shaky on defense. Not winning until he shows up
I think they need to start doing the load management thing or whatever that is some NBA teams do with star players do they’re not so burned out at playoff time. Start sitting him & Drai against shitty teams and in back to backs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad