Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Someone on Reddit was saying they heard the team is sick (Ekholm was sick the game before, so maybe?)

If so, no fresh bodies to come in?

What the f*** is up with this team it's always something

Canucks are getting swept next round to rub salt in the wound

All we gotta do is send it to seven. A 22 year old kid, Anthony Edwards promised game 7 against the defending NBA champions and delivered. McDavid separates himself from his competition far more than other superstars in their respective sport. It's time for him to deliver and take over the series.

• Love
Reactions: M Ace and AlbOilFAN

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Greatness responds BEFORE elimination sets in. Like in game 4 or 5, anytime, would've been nice. We essentially needed one goal, anytime, to steal this game. McD had one shot on goal playing on a loaded line all night and playing first unit with 5 PP's . He wasn't even discernible there except for botching plays and shooting wide.
Or it can happen in elimination too. Big games call for big moments. If anyone can come up big it’s McD. And with help from his buddy Drai.

That said, agreed that he wasn’t good tonight. But this ain’t the player we know.

Reactions: TB12

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
He is a young inexperienced coaches trying to coach a team in a window that’s closing. It was a dumb hire.
Everyone has a set of tools to work with. What could he have done differently? It's Holland that built this team. Knoblauch was an assistant for the Flyers at one point so he's not a raw rookie.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Knoblauch getting outcoached badly
Disagree. Canucks are coming up with clutch plays and we aren’t. That’s really all it is. We blew a 4-1 lead they hung on to a 4-2 lead. We gave them a free goal tonight they didn’t once all series. This is the margins the playoffs comes down to. McDavid has 1 point in 3 games JT miller is shutting him down and scoring game winners late. This ain’t a coaching thing it’s players rising to the occasion and others not.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I'm so f***ing sick of every team being able to find tretiak in the playoffs.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Face-off domination has been a huge factor in this series. When the Oil are good they start with puck possession and drive their game. When they have been dominated, it has been a major problem. This game was lost in the first with a horribly flaccid PP that turned this into a runaway domination for two periods by the Canucks. Tonight face-off difference was 57% to 42.9%. Saw that game winner happening with the offensive zone face-off loss.

Bad night for McDavid to have his worst playoff game of his career. Didn't get back to cover Miller on the winner. Bouchard who has been so incredibly consistent was also very poor culminated in his backbreaking giveway on goal 2.

Sorry boys, I'm low on belief this team can beat the Canucks in two straight games. Have not been able to find the kill shot.
I always like your posts.

Canucks have owned us on faceoffs all series.

But I do think we see the Oilers best game Saturday.
Game 7 could go either way.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Face-off domination has been a huge factor in this series. When the Oil are good they start with puck possession and drive their game. When they have been dominated, it has been a major problem. This game was lost in the first with a horribly flaccid PP that turned this into a runaway domination for two periods by the Canucks. Tonight face-off difference was 57% to 42.9%. Saw that game winner happening with the offensive zone face-off loss.

Bad night for McDavid to have his worst playoff game of his career. Didn't get back to cover Miller on the winner. Bouchard who has been so incredibly consistent was also very poor culminated in his backbreaking giveway on goal 2.

Sorry boys, I'm low on belief this team can beat the Canucks in two straight games. Have not been able to find the kill shot.
EVen if we did prevail in a game 7 or even get it to a game 7 what would he have left. Still hoping for a W but the team looks out of gas.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I mean you hope not, but if we lose on Saturday and their effort is close to what it was tonight, you might want to avoid HFOil until the beginning of the preseason.
The Oilers will play a stronger game on Saturday but it might be too little too late.

I guess I could cheer for the Rangers?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Greatness responds BEFORE elimination sets in. Like in game 4 or 5, anytime, would've been nice. We essentially needed one goal, anytime, to steal this game. McD had one shot on goal playing on a loaded line all night and playing first unit with 5 PP's . He wasn't even discernible there except for botching plays and shooting wide.
Draisaitl looked like he ran out of gas after the first period.

Reactions: harpoon

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Canucks found a level I didnt even think they had.
It will be interesting to see the response on Sat.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
is this what Toronto feels like in the playoffs with Marner and Matthews? smh

As someone who has been consoling Leaf fans for a few weeks now; yes, actually it's eerily similar the dialogue too.

Soft coach, soft team, bad reffing, bad coaching, stars don't show up, trade the stars, blow up the team etc.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is what happens when Ekholm is off. He makes such a difference for this team.
The glue that holds this D together.
I mean...just look at Bouchards game tonight.
Yeh Ekholm was slow to respond to plays tonight. And that can definitely affect Bouch too. But man… Bouch seems to have an issue with reading his press clippings. Young player that gets too high on himself and starts letting the details in his game go away.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There’s no excuses here. Best players need to be your best players period. If you can’t rise to the occasion in big moments you don’t win cups period.

No team wins it all without depth though. And our depth is still bad. At forward and on defense. We played 4 good games in this series, and only got 2 wins from it, largely because of some horrid defending by guys everyone knew we needed to upgrade and goaltending. This was the first legitimately bad game by our top guys and sadly, 1/5 bad = 3/5 lost in this series.

Personally I'm now worried the grind against the big canucks D and having to play our top guys so much has worn them down. There has been no break in this series aside from maybe a period in game 1 we thought we could defend a lead. Aside from that, just running 5 guys into the ground.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Everyone has a set of tools to work with. What could he have done differently? It's Holland that built this team. Knoblauch was an assistant for the Flyers at one point so he's not a raw rookie.
He has run Bouchard, McDavid and Draisaitl ragged. That’s a choice.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
All we gotta do is send it to seven. A 22 year old kid, Anthony Edwards promised game 7 against the defending NBA champions and delivered. McDavid separates himself from his competition far more than other superstars in their respective sport. It's time for him to deliver and take over the series.
Just hasn’t been there. I’ve said this last year as well and was bombarded on here for it but McDavid just hasn’t really strung together a good run outside of 2022. 2 goals through 10 games ain’t it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad