Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Go figure... They go to a rookie coach to put them over the top in a contending year.

That and the worst trade deadline maybe in team history.
Whiner mentality. Henrique not playing is huge. Would give us 2 very good lines.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ekholm looked off tonight. And in his p post game presser sounded like he as a cold. Need his Viking ass to heal up quick. And yeh McD was just not feeling it tonight. He’ll respond in game 6 though, that’s what greatness does.
Greatness responds BEFORE elimination sets in. Like in game 4 or 5, anytime, would've been nice. We essentially needed one goal, anytime, to steal this game. McD had one shot on goal playing on a loaded line all night and playing first unit with 5 PP's . He wasn't even discernible there except for botching plays and shooting wide.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Meh, I feel no emotion. This team just doesn’t have it. They never will. Rip off the bandaid and end this in 6 so that we can all move on with our lives and enjoy the summer.
I feel plenty of emotion. I'm furious because this is the point that they in all likelihood won't recover from.

It's the feeling I get each playoffs when we've lost a huge game and every time I've felt it, the Oilers have been eliminated soon after. As for the next game? Don't f***ing care! I'll be fully expecting a loss and it won't matter. Even if we do win 6, no way we win 7 imo.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Face-off domination has been a huge factor in this series. When the Oil are good they start with puck possession and drive their game. When they have been dominated, it has been a major problem. This game was lost in the first with a horribly flaccid PP that turned this into a runaway domination for two periods by the Canucks. Tonight face-off difference was 57% to 42.9%. Saw that game winner happening with the offensive zone face-off loss.

Bad night for McDavid to have his worst playoff game of his career. Didn't get back to cover Miller on the winner. Bouchard who has been so incredibly consistent was also very poor culminated in his backbreaking giveway on goal 2.

Sorry boys, I'm low on belief this team can beat the Canucks in two straight games. Have not been able to find the kill shot.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
You know when your passengers start with McDavid, you are in a world of pain. Oilers better bring it, Game 6.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I know the result tonight was disappointing but I hope that trading Mc-D and Drai in the summer isn't a serious suggestion.

I mean you hope not, but if we lose on Saturday and their effort is close to what it was tonight, you might want to avoid HFOil until the beginning of the preseason.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The puck luck these clowns have had all playoffs has to end at some point before it ends with them being crowned champs. If Nashville had any kind of scoring, they would have beat them. If Edmonton had any kind of goaltending in games 1-3, they’d have swept them.

I don’t know what off season training regimen the Canucks make their players do but their speed and tempo at minute one is the same as at minute 60. The Oilers looked gassed at the end of the first. Zero pressure, zero intensity.

Reactions: oilers4life5

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Henrique and Stecher would absolutely make a difference.

Canucks played their slowest players tonight. It wasn't speed or motor. No one f***ing showed up for 2 periods

The team literally played like it was some random game in January (not this January obviously)
Motor helps with this.

When your execution isn’t great you need guys who will skate and try 100% every shift.

Instead we traded for Henrique, who would’ve looked just as overwhelmed and passive tonight as the rest of the team.

Stecher probably helps but the coach won’t play him, so I’m not sure why we even traded for him.

Reactions: Shanahanigans

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Then numbers at the bottom are surprising and disappointing. But luckily for us, we know those players down there aren’t those types of players. They’ll bounce back huge in Game 6.
Or they will shit the bed just like they did against Vegas

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The top guys were all MIA. McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Hyman, all AWOL. Great timing to pull a disappearing act. Bouchard went from hero to a complete zero, and was not just invisible but an active detriment back there, with absolutely terrible puck management and passing which led to at least one goal directly. And this is why I will never laud his performance at the NHL level -- he'll have games like this where he reverts back to form and looks like a f***ing nervous rookie out there, handling the puck like it's a pre-season game. McLeod continues to f***ing duck hits and nope out instead of eating one to make a play.

They kept turning it over near or at their blue line, or our blue line, and coverage in our zone was once again passive, reactive and looked like a 3 alarm fire. Scrambling all over the place, guys wide open in the slot or the D backing up and letting the guys move in from the tops of the circles to have good looks... FFS this team. Just does not have it in them, and I suspect they'll fold like wet noodles next game. Always making it hard for themselves at every turn possible instead of playing smartly and intelligently.. have to be some of the most f***ing stupid people playing the game at the NHL level man.

Without Pickard, this would have been like a 4 or 5 goal deficit, not a one goal game. Another year, another wasted chance, another lineup shrivelling up and curling into a fetal position as they sewer the dwindling years of two of the top players. Embarassing.
Bouchard made a bad play, no doubt. You know every elite dman in the league has made a bad play leading to a goal against in the playoffs right? Every. Single. One. But sure, base you whole bias on one play. McDavid pulled a disappearing act in a crucial game. He single-handily killed power plays himself by forcing passes and not f’n shooting. He also blew his coverage on Miller. Hyman killed all plays. McLeod hasn’t been on he ice for a EV strength goal against- his defence has been great, but no offence. He looked much better with Ryan on his line, maybe it’s play killer Perry?

Knoblauch is the biggest culprit. Perry still playing. Playing McDrai ridiculous mins has caught up to them.giving away 3 games because he didn’t want to go away from Skinner.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Ok keeping a running tally of things we need for the next season.

- Starting Goalie
- Top 4 defenceman, maybe two
- Top 6 winger
- a 3rd Line
- New GM
- New Coach
locks
Is that everything?
Need more youth and speed in the lineup but the prospect cupboard is bare and goldilocks has left the building.

Sounds like Holland is moving to Columbus so it will be a new chapter for the club.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Go figure... They go to a rookie coach to put them over the top in a contending year.

That and the worst trade deadline maybe in team history.
Paying a first plus for a guy who can't play through a little pain and a fourth liner they'd rather play slow ass Ryan over how could that be seen as anything but a brilliant move?

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Putrid effort, wasting a good game by Pickard.The Canucks came to play, Oilers were exclusively passangers.

Canucks substantially improved for the playoffs by acquiring Lindholm and Zadorov. We got a way over the hill Perry and two players that are not even playing.
We lose this series holland needs to go brutal deadline and cap management
Face-off domination has been a huge factor in this series. When the Oil are good they start with puck possession and drive their game. When they have been dominated, it has been a major problem. This game was lost in the first with a horribly flaccid PP that turned this into a runaway domination for two periods by the Canucks. Tonight face-off difference was 57% to 42.9%. Saw that game winner happening with the offensive zone face-off loss.

Bad night for McDavid to have his worst playoff game of his career. Didn't get back to cover Miller on the winner. Bouchard who has been so incredibly consistent was also very poor culminated in his backbreaking giveway on goal 2.

Sorry boys, I'm low on belief this team can beat the Canucks in two straight games. Have not been able to find the kill shot.
2 and 7 versus them…my confidence is low in this group . They have learned nothing

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad