Nostalgia: Do the sens win the cup if they trade for Gary Roberts

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I don't know if Gary Roberts was the only reason they couldn't beat those guys.. the team as a whole just couldn't mentally get it done against the Leafs

Had we bought Hasek back I think we'd have a Cup by now. He was playing very well even if he was old.. we could've just reduced his workload the following season with a young Ray Emery there and kept Hasek fresh for the playoffs.. but hindsight is 20/20 i guess

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Roberts' best skill was being immune to obvious penalty calls. For some reason, he was allowed to charge, elbow and cross-check poor Wade Redden.

RadimBicanek

Mar 5, 2014
Canada
I doubt it'd make difference if Roberts was on roster. But if Hasek wasn't injured and/or resigned and played in 06-07, than I think Ottawa would've had a Stanley cup.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
The Sens win the cup with hasek+ chara+ Hossa. So yeah that means no heatley. Not saying heater was the reason we lost. But those three probably help us beat the ducks. And we also win the cup the year
Previous as well. So 100% sure we win one of those years. I know it's hard to win back to back

I'm sorry but I really don't think we Can speculate winning back to back when we didn't even win one.

05 we'd be the favourite and 06 could've gone differently...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad