North division center rankings

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Rank the teams from strongest to weakest. I'll leave what I think are the top 4 centers below:

Vancouver: Pettersson, Horvat, guadette, beagle

Calgary : lindholm, Monahan, backlund, Ryan

Edmonton: mcdavid, Draisaitl, Turris, shore

Winnipeg: scheifele, dubois, Stastny, Lowry

Toronto: Matthews, Tavares, kerfoot, engvall

Ottawa: norris, anisimov, Tierney, stepan

Montreal: Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Evans

I'll do my own ranking later but as much as the habs have improved at center, I'm still thinking they are at #6 in this division, but the Habs also have the highest remaining upside as well.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Eeeee there is franchise player on that list. I love Suzuki and KK but stay realist
I didnt say they were better than the players on that list but they have the most room to grow

i dont think either will be better than mcdavid obvz but they have more room to their peak than mcdavid currently does as he is at his peak

Reactions: Vachon23

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Is Stützle not playing centre?

Edit: guess he is starting his career at wing which at this point is probably wise. Less pressure then centre.

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
1. Edmonton - Top 2 best player on the planet (with Mackinnon) and last season’s Hart and Art Ross winner put them on top

2. Winnipeg

3. Toronto

4. Vancouver

5. Calgary

6. Montreal

7. Ottawa

Reactions: DarkSender

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rank the teams from strongest to weakest. I'll leave what I think are the top 4 centers below:

Vancouver: Pettersson, Horvat, guadette, beagle

Calgary : lindholm, Monahan, backlund, Ryan

Edmonton: mcdavid, Draisaitl, Turris, shore

Winnipeg: scheifele, dubois, Stastny, Lowry

Toronto: Matthews, Tavares, kerfoot, engvall

Ottawa: norris, anisimov, Tierney, stepan

Montreal: Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Evans

I'll do my own ranking later but as much as the habs have improved at center, I'm still thinking they are at #6 in this division, but the Habs also have the highest remaining upside as well.

How we ranking them? Today right now or overall keeper values? We ignoring contracts? As it stands right now: Rather look at it in waives

* I have the Jets, Oilers, and Leafs as the first waive. All 3 teams have 2 very good ones! Some more offensive types and some others better at face offs and more grit.

* Then I have the Canucks, Flames, and Habs close. Not going to argue too much about the Habs being 1st in this waive or last. It's too hard to nail down Suzuki and Kotkaniemi at this stage. Canucks have Horvat who is a great piece and the heart of their team and also Pettersson who is having issues with the physical part of the game. Offensively talented no doubt. I'm not offended if some have the Habs ranked 6th. Rather look at this again heading into the playoffs

* Then the Sens

DarkSender

Apr 29, 2019
Laval
Top 3: Edmonton* > Toronto > Winnipeg **
#4: Calgary = Vancouver ***
#6: Montreal
#7: Ottawa

* Edmonton only has one thing.. and its center depth. They win the NHL on that. You didn't mention RNH which is also quite a talented center which can push Turris to warming the bench. Unfortunately this team is so poor on wings that even Draisaitl doesn't always play center.
** Toronto wins because of their top 2 centers. Matthews and Tavares are far more dangerous than Sheifele and Dubois in my opinion.
*** It's difficult for me to judge Calgary and Vancouver because I haven't seen a lot of games and all 4 of their centers really can easily be individually compared to each other.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ottawa are the worst. We're somewhere tied with Vancouver and Calgary. Edm/Tor/Winnipeg all have strong 1-2 punches. Winnipeg has better depth than the other two.

I'm unsure how to rank us. Our bottom 6 is ridiculously better than Toronto or Edmonton for example, but Edmonton has two Hart winners and Toronto's got two PPG guys.

Honestly I'd just say we're like 4th-6th at any given time. Huge room to grow with Suzuki-KK however. Defensively we're #1 in the division up the middle though I like Winnipeg as well.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ottawa are the worst. We're somewhere tied with Vancouver and Calgary. Edm/Tor/Winnipeg all have strong 1-2 punches. Winnipeg has better depth than the other two.

I'm unsure how to rank us. Our bottom 6 is ridiculously better than Toronto or Edmonton for example, but Edmonton has two Hart winners and Toronto's got two PPG guys.

Honestly I'd just say we're like 4th-6th at any given time. Huge room to grow with Suzuki-KK however. Defensively we're #1 in the division up the middle though I like Winnipeg as well.

Well said. I like how you broke several things down. I see waives as the fair approach. Not willing to go any deeper than that but I also won't argue if our herd has us 6th either.

* Jets vs Leafs, vs Oilers
* Canucks vs Flames, vs Habs
* Sens

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
You can rank them all you want, the gap isn't nearly as big as it used to be. :naughty:

habs gon be breathing down yo neck

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
How we ranking them? Today right now or overall keeper values? We ignoring contracts? As it stands right now: Rather look at it in waives

* I have the Jets, Oilers, and Leafs as the first waive. All 3 teams have 2 very good ones! Some more offensive types and some others better at face offs and more grit.

* Then I have the Canucks, Flames, and Habs close. Not going to argue too much about the Habs being 1st in this waive or last. It's too hard to nail down Suzuki and Kotkaniemi at this stage. Canucks have Horvat who is a great piece and the heart of their team and also Pettersson who is having issues with the physical part of the game. Offensively talented no doubt. I'm not offended if some have the Habs ranked 6th. Rather look at this again heading into the playoffs

* Then the Sens

My intention is to rank them as of today. I have stayed away from contracts and future projections altogether.

The biggest area up for interpretation is how people value a deep lineup with no superstar versus shallow lineup with a superstar. I'll leave that up to the ranker and their beliefs

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My intention is to rank them as of today. I have stayed away from contracts and future projections altogether.

The biggest area up for interpretation is how people value a deep lineup with no superstar versus shallow lineup with a superstar. I'll leave that up to the ranker and their beliefs

* We know what we have with Danault.

* With Suzuki it's hard to nail down... the trajectory he is on since his age 19 season is unreal and we don't know the top part of the curve yet.

* KK is 20 and gaining traction bit by bit. Drafted as a long term prospect at center and that has not changed cause we inserted him at age 18 prematurely

We are not last and we are not in the top 3. That's my vote! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad