North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Who would of thought? Missing key players all series and to end it with a shutout. To me, the rest is gravy. Does Arnsby get his 2nd line centre job back? EP21 has been brilliant between Ertel/Vilmanis. This team is going to miss Christopolous next season, maybe Mathurin too. Absolute beasts back there.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Following is the series schedule:

Friday, April 26, at Oshawa 7:35 p.m.
Sunday, April 28, at Oshawa 6:05 p.m.
Monday, April 29, at North Bay 7 p.m.
Wednesday, May 1, at North Bay 7 p.m.
*Friday, May 3, at Oshawa 7:35 p.m.
*Sunday, May 5, at North Bay 2 p.m.
*Monday, May 6, at Oshawa 7:05 p.m.

* if necessary

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hey, just curious, what are Romani and DiViintnis injuries and how long are they out?
High ankle sprain for Romani; and guessing from the replay of a spear to the inner thigh, DiVincentiis likely has a groin or knee ligament sprain.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Any word on scheduling for the next series or does everyone wait for the Spirit and Greyhounds? The lack of parity this year is a bit unusual.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Allegedly DD31 is also dealing with a high ankle sprain. Was seen in a walking boot but is since out of it. Can’t possibly see how that could have happened during that play. Anyone have a video of it?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Who would of thought? Missing key players all series and to end it with a shutout. To me, the rest is gravy. Does Arnsby get his 2nd line centre job back? EP21 has been brilliant between Ertel/Vilmanis. This team is going to miss Christopolous next season, maybe Mathurin too. Absolute beasts back there.
If the NHL scouts are paying any attention, Mathurin isn't coming back next season.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
We don’t see the west often so I can’t comment but for the east #5 and #4 are the best shutdown pair. Look what they did to Sudbury’s top 6.

I trust the London fan base when they commented about George being solid defensively. He didn’t get signed by the NYI based on his offensive.

apfsds

Jan 23, 2024
NB line up had 6 2006 born players, 3 2005 , 8 2004 and 2 2003 with an 07 back up goalie In the series.
Team still looks bright for the future

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
New sign for next year should read: “WITH MUST WE BUST”

IMG_2360.jpeg

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
We don’t see the west often so I can’t comment but for the east #5 and #4 are the best shutdown pair. Look what they did to Sudbury’s top 6.

I trust the London fan base when they commented about George being solid defensively. He didn’t get signed by the NYI based on his offensive.
Bonk/George pretty good pairing. I can't comment on the East except to say 'go Battalion in the East final'!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Bonk/George pretty good pairing. I can't comment on the East except to say 'go Battalion in the East final'!
Does that pair have significantly more TOI than Dickinson & Jackson? Does the 2nd pair go up against the more physical players?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Does that pair have significantly more TOI than Dickinson & Jackson? Does the 2nd pair go up against the more physical players?
No, top 4 D share similar amount of ice time. Bonk gets more minutes on the PP though, "Bumper Bonk".
Dickinson on 2nd PP unit. I do not believe the pairings match up in any way with the physicality of opposing players.
George is our best shutdown D, and we have 3 good ones (Bonk, Dickinson). Edward has had a good playoffs to date, but he can be beat one on one at times.
NB known for their stingy D and good goaltending too. Hope you guys get healthy soon.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No, top 4 D share similar amount of ice time. Bonk gets more minutes on the PP though, "Bumper Bonk".
Dickinson on 2nd PP unit. I do not believe the pairings match up in any way with the physicality of opposing players.
George is our best shutdown D, and we have 3 good ones (Bonk, Dickinson). Edward has had a good playoffs to date, but he can be beat one on one at times.
NB known for their stingy D and good goaltending too. Hope you guys get healthy soon.
Bonk is terrific in the bumper position. I thought Dickinson would be PP1 RD after those one-timers in the playoffs as a rookie last season.
The battalion is my idea of a well built team. ‘My team’ is the wolves.

Roger le hare

May 28, 2021
Mcivor
Larocque

Van steel. Wakely. Romani
Euro. Proz. Therrien
Reyth smith pazii. Amidovski
Laird. Richter. Carey

Chukharev.

Kennedy. Mathurin
Ride. Turley
Zwilson. Greer