North Bay Battalion 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
1714136265913.png

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
If this is their last series it will be mainly due to penalties.
Inconsistent reffing as it was in our previous 2 series. Call everything soft for two periods then put the whistles away when they are trying to come back. Vilmanis being tripped late on the zone entry was a very weak non-call.

Reactions: Poster man

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Inconsistent reffing as it was in our previous 2 series. Call everything soft for two periods then put the whistles away when they are trying to come back. Vilmanis being tripped late on the zone entry was a very weak non-call.
So true 190, absolute worst league for officiating. Sad, OHL should be totally embarrassed for the product they deliver.
Fans spending their hard earned money to watch these clowns ruin the game.
Did you notice once we went up by 2, the entire vibe of game changed. It was like “no way” a small market team shouldn’t be up by 2 goals, time to change things up.
Need to shake it off and beat the refs and Generals.
Only game 1, lets hope for a evenly called series.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So true 190, absolute worst league for officiating. Sad, OHL should be totally embarrassed for the product they deliver.
Fans spending their hard earned money to watch these clowns ruin the game.
Did you notice once we went up by 2, the entire vibe of game changed. It was like “no way” a small market team should be up by 2 goals, time to change things up.
Need to shake it off and beat the refs and Generals.
Only game 1, lets hope for a evenly called series.
Yeah, two 5 on 3 advantages to none; then putting away the whistles right after end of period coincedental penalties where Wakely not only takes a Roobroek elbow to the head, he was precluded from the PP to start the 3rd on a clean sheet. That was kind of ignorant.
You're not wrong about appearances that game, but too much credit is being given to the league and officials for their ability to conspire against all of Sudbury, SSM, Erie, Saginaw, now NB imo.

Last edited:

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Carey has signed.
I was at the scrimmage today and he looked fantastic and will fit right in. Maybe we could use him tomorrow. lol. Also standing out were 2nd rounder Kent Greer (amazing vision and puck handling ability while not afraid to get hit) Reyth Smith and Zack Wilson from the 2023 draft. The lefty U18 goalie seemed like the better of the ones in camp from the very small sample size today.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
Carey has signed.
I was at the scrimmage today and he looked fantastic and will fit right in. Maybe we could use him tomorrow. lol. Also standing out were 2nd rounder Kent Greer (amazing vision and puck handling ability while not afraid to get hit) Reyth Smith and Zack Wilson from the 2023 draft. The lefty U18 goalie seemed like the better of the ones in camp from the very small sample size today.
can anyone tell me how #9 green Javian Nei looked. was rated much higher than the 12th round he was picked in. scored to gals on sunday scrimmage. I was unable to get to camp

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
can anyone tell me how #9 green Javian Nei looked. was rated much higher than the 12th round he was picked in. scored to gals on sunday scrimmage. I was unable to get to camp
He looked good as did #21 on the white team. #3 white Gallavan looked good today playing with Greer. Great competitive camp and good those who performed because there will likely be more roster spots open in September than there normally is, well at forward anyway. D looks to have about 7/8 guys signed for next season.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Has the OHL already replaced Branch with the new company yet? I’m thinking they have and the new person has already started even though it hasn’t been announced yet. I’m guessing Vince McMahon. 🤡show

• Wow
Reactions: dirty12

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
Has the OHL already replaced Branch with the new company yet? I’m thinking they have and the new person has already started even though it hasn’t been announced yet. I’m guessing Vince McMahon. 🤡show
dont be surprisedif Adam Dennisv replaces branch as commissioner

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Total domination by Oshawa. North bay looks slow or very tired getting beat to every loose puck. North bay can’t get any zone time once they do get into Oshawa’s end. I think things will change once they get back to home ice though

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Total domination by Oshawa. North bay looks slow or very tired getting beat to every loose puck. North bay can’t get any zone time once they do get into Oshawa’s end. I think things will change once they get back to home ice though
Agree 100%.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
A post, crossbar, and a lot more shots than usual missing the net. The Gens played well the with lead though always having three back with good positioning making entry tough on the Battalion.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
If you need 10 mins to review a perfectly good goal, there is something ridiculous afoot
2 seperate reviews the play at the line was very close to offside. Once you go into the crease on your own and don’t make any attempt to get out it’s almost a automatic no goal

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
2 seperate reviews the play at the line was very close to offside. Once you go into the crease on your own and don’t make any attempt to get out it’s almost a automatic no goal
That was not really going into the crease on his own to interfere. There was a replay shown of I think Roobroek pushing Wakely.

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2