Status
Not open for further replies.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
1654178733426.jpeg

Reactions: View from section 9

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Nelson, Mathurin, Arnsby and DiVincentiis.

A team might take a flyer on Jackson, but I see him as more of a camp invite.
ya, lots of options so saying 4 of the possible 6 or 7 is prob a good shot

also, kitchener recruits Hunter Brzustewicz to decommit from Michigan... defenseman though

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
ya, lots of options so saying 4 of the possible 6 or 7 is prob a good shot

also, kitchener recruits Hunter Brzustewicz to decommit from Michigan... defenseman though
Two's definitely possible as well, but I highly doubt that Mathurin fell under the radar with his injury.

Arnsby slid due to the regular season in my eye. I'm questioning if the offense is there. But his playoff run gave me the confidence there's a possible fourth liner there at the very least.

DiVincentiis seems like a good gamble in the late rounds. Good size and he'll be a starter for what might end up being one of the better teams in the CHL next season.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
If you haven’t already, check out Brock Otten’s OHL draft listing. He has 6 Troops at: 8, 19(OVS!), 23, 27, 49 and HM. I find it interesting that he has Cap’n Arny listed as 3rd line centre. It seems to me he spent almost the entire season at either 1st (for a short time) and 2nd (mostly). Maybe someone could help me out here.

My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2022 NHL Entry Draft - Part 4: 10-1
he also says speed and agility is his area of concern. For me its offensive ability and its not particularly close

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..this will be a Fantilly driven off season.......will clinch seasons tix for me if it happens.....what are buddy tix in the new season tix promo?......still no redemption nites like some teams offer....Batt marketing baffles me!

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
I know his numbers last season are somewhat underwhelming. But, signing an NHL drafted player who is already in NCAA is the type of move that typically takes place with other teams, not NB. Well done, GM Adam.

Reactions: belair and Uncle

Hkynb

Mar 31, 2020
Ertel - Jackson (OA) - Petrov (Imp.)

Van Steensel - Wakely- MacDonald (OA)

Romani - Arnsby - Sima

Tarasevich? - Podolioukh ? - Procyczyn

Outwater?

Winslow - Nelson

Mathurin - import

TBD - Christopolous

Divincentiis

Extras: Turley, Therrien, Gauvreau

Lots of forwards fighting for the bottom 3 spots.

Reactions: Uncle

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I know his numbers last season are somewhat underwhelming. But, signing an NHL drafted player who is already in NCAA is the type of move that typically takes place with other teams, not NB. Well done, GM Adam.
He was a 3rd round pick by NB. Based on that I'm sure they thought they were getting him for the season that just happened. You don't take a 3rd round flyer on a sure-fire NCAA guy.

He's an interesting prospect because he was well under a point per game in minor midget, then had a huge year for St Andrews but that competition isn't very strong. Then 1 goal in 23 games in NCAA. But a 3rd rounder to Dallas is pretty high. I'm sure they were phoning his agent saying okay he's not going back to Cornell, needs to try something different. Like Boucher leaving NCAA after a really bad start last year and joining the 67s

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Van Steensel - Wakely- MacDonald (OA)

Romani - Arnsby - Sima

Tarasevich? - Podolioukh ? - Procyczyn

Outwater?

Winslow - Nelson

Mathurin - import

TBD - Christopolous

Divincentiis

Extras: Turley, Therrien, Gauvreau

Lots of forwards fighting for the bottom 3 spots.
Despite the lack of love for Arnsby by some on this board, we can be fairly certain Arnsby will be on the ice against opponents’ top line, and for key face-offs, and last minute(s), and PK1; so, Arnsby will have Ertel or VanSteensel as his LW imo.
Ertel-Arnsby-MacDonald
Petrov-Jackson-(Wakely to start season)
VanSteensel-Romani-Procyszyn
Outwater-Podolioukh-Sima

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He was a 3rd round pick by NB. Based on that I'm sure they thought they were getting him for the season that just happened. You don't take a 3rd round flyer on a sure-fire NCAA guy.

He's an interesting prospect because he was well under a point per game in minor midget, then had a huge year for St Andrews but that competition isn't very strong. Then 1 goal in 23 games in NCAA. But a 3rd rounder to Dallas is pretty high. I'm sure they were phoning his agent saying okay he's not going back to Cornell, needs to try something different. Like Boucher leaving NCAA after a really bad start last year and joining the 67s
I would say NB took a calculated risk with their 2nd-3rd round pick on a sure fire NCAA in Ertel based on family history with the NB Centennials.
Getting 9pts in 23gp with Cornell is not bad when factoring in the 18 yr old fresh man had 24 yr old teammates. Ertel also put up pretty good #’s in Summerside (MJAHL).

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..need spaces for this years drafts...expect a trade or 2 for drafts.....hard to say how many drafts/prospects can get a spot...what a nice problem to have....

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
..need spaces for this years drafts...expect a trade or 2 for drafts.....hard to say how many drafts/prospects can get a spot...what a nice problem to have....
probably only full-time ‘06 born is Procyszyn if the goal is to win a championship. The two-third picks will be fine in a jr league, imo. It’s some of Gauvreau, Lukin, Kennedy, McKenzie, Tarasevich, Sima, Outwater, MacQeen-Spence, even Wakely that will potentially get displaced by big additions leaving a void for the next season or two that should be concerning. Though it should be expected after four years of two 3rd and/or 4th picks.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think there'll be a big time add to the defense before the summer's out.

Fingers crossed that Fantilli sees us as a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad