North Bay Battalion 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
Very interesting interview with our Manager Adam Dennis and Greg Esterbrooks in Thursday Nugget.
According to AD he expects The Troops to be very compitative and even go for higher expectations than last year.
Hope he"s right. GO TROOPS GO

Reactions: dirty12

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Everybody's feeling optimistic at this time of year. Here's hoping yesterday's 15 penalties is not a sign of things to come.

Reactions: Uncle

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Looks like DDV is in mid-season form, and then some, yowza. Defence might be a bit leaky, though. In case you haven't seen it, 55 SOG by OS today, 54 saves and a shootout win for Dom.

Reactions: Uncle

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
If North Bay decides to sell and recoup this season I hope Guelph is in the mix for trades... come on Adam, do your old team a solid... we've got the picks and first rounders to make it worth your while.

Blockbuster? Divincentiis + Nelson + Wakely for '22 1st or '23 1st, 2nds, 3rds, and mid/late picks.
I think it could work for both teams... IF NB become sellers. Who knows.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If North Bay decides to sell and recoup this season I hope Guelph is in the mix for trades... come on Adam, do your old team a solid... we've got the picks and first rounders to make it worth your while.

Blockbuster? Divincentiis + Nelson + Wakely for '22 1st or '23 1st, 2nds, 3rds, and mid/late picks.
I think it could work for both teams... IF NB become sellers. Who knows.
Definitely both 1sts and several 2, 3, 4 picks for that package, but the odds of NB selling is ~ 1:3

Reactions: StormWatcher

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Here are some reports from various teams/locations regarding present/former Troops:

Getting the Panthers on the board, Schwindt grabbed the puck along the boards, skated to the top of the right circle and ripped a shot over goaltender Yaniv Perets’ blocker and into the top right corner of the cage to bring the score to 3-1 with 3:53 left in the middle frame. "I credit that to Liam Arnsby for winning the draw," Schwindt, who inked a three-year, entry-level contract with the Panthers last summer, said of the play. "I couldn't do it without my linemates."

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. – The 2023 NHL Prospect Tournament concluded on Sunday afternoon at Centre Ice Arena, with the Detroit Red Wings losing to the rival Toronto Maple Leafs, 6-5.

Forward Nic Sima gave the Red Wings a 1-0 lead at 10:56 of the first period, snatching the puck off a turnover and sending a shot from the slot past Maple Leafs goalie Dennis Hildeby.

Young Stars Classic (Penticton, BC)

Participating teams: Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Winnipeg

North Bay Battalion forward Matvey Petrov was a standout for Edmonton recording a goal and two assists at the Young Stars Classic, as he was the only multi-point getter for the Oilers. The 2021 sixth-round pick also earned some style points, sniping a one-timer just underneath the bar to push the Oilers into overtime on Sunday.

2023 OHL Goaltender of the Year Domenic DiVincentiis remained solid in the crease in his second showcase with the Winnipeg Jets, as the North Bay netminder made 33 stops despite losing 3-1 to the Oilers on Friday. He and the Jets rebounded on Sunday, defeating the Vancouver Canucks 3-2.

In other news, Anthony Romani was on the ‘canes’ rookie showcase team, but he is not listed for main camp. Presume he is en route back to NB.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
relax everyone Goltending will not be a problem for the next 3 or 4 years.

also looks good for a sell out for home opener

Reactions: nelli27

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
In Seattle’s Monday split squad game, Ty Nelson played 18 min., 0 Pts., +1, 3 SOG, 1 Hit, 0 Giveaways. At Tuesday’s Battalion workout, Pasquale Zito was not on the ice. I wonder if he is still with the team.

In ticket sales news, about 450 remain unsold as of this morning. This would put the attendance to at least 3800. It would be neat to meet or exceed the 4000 mark.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Barring any technical difficulties, I'll be changing the threads over to 'Season Threads 2023-24' soon.
Can we get new threads? I find it nice to keep the off season stuff separate, but maybe I am alone in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad