Celebrity Death: Norman Lear

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Wow! The man never stopped working and creating from the late 60s until a year ago. Has anyone had as massive an impact on television?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I know the 70's haven't aged well aesthetically, but huis stuff is just so hard to look at now. I'm sure all his notes were "we need more people dressed in brown in this scene!"

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I know the 70's haven't aged well aesthetically, but huis stuff is just so hard to look at now. I'm sure all his notes were "we need more people dressed in brown in this scene!"
whatchu-talkin-about-willis-arnold-jackson.gif

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
CBS will air " Norman Lear - A life on Television " Friday night at 8 pm.

from deadline.com:

Norman-Lear-CBS-special.jpg

Tributes have been pouring in following the death of Norman Lear Tuesday at the age of 101. CBS, home to the majority of Lear’s classic sitcoms, will celebrate the television legend’s extraordinary career with Norman Lear: A Life on Television special, set to air Friday, December 8 at 8 pm on CBS and streaming on Paramount+.

Presented by Entertainment Tonight, the one-hour special, hosted by Nischelle Turner, features interviews with stars of the long-running comedies Lear created, including Jimmie Walker from Good Times and Mackenzie Phillips from One Day At A Time, in addition to never-before-seen interviews from the ET vault. The special also includes Lear’s interview with ET host Kevin Frazier when he celebrated his 100th birthday.

In addition to Good Times and One Day At A Time, Lear’s iconic sitcoms on CBS included Sanford And Son (1972-1977), All in the Family (1971-1979), The Jeffersons (1975-1977) and Maude (1972-1978).

His numerous awards included six Primetime Emmy Awards, two Peabody Awards, the National Medal of Arts in 1999, the Kennedy Center Honors in 2017 and the Golden Globe Carol Burnett Award in 2021. He also was a member of the Television Hall of Fame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad