News Article: Norm Maciver leaving Blackhawks front office for Seattle Kraken

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Calling it here first

McIver is a big NCAA guy so I think Wyatt Kaiser will be a target for the Kraken...

Kaiser as a sweetener for Seattle to pick Seabrook...

Like Doug Wilson to SJ, Seabs is gonna be a Kraken

I highly doubt Seabrook would waive his NMC to be eligible to be drafted. On top of that Kaiser isn't even under contract so the Kraken would simply be getting his rights in that scenario. No guarantee he'd sign.

Most likely the Hawks will just let the Kraken draft one of their veteran D-men since they have a bunch of young ones in the pipeline.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Interesting but what jumps out is the comments about negativity. Can't really quantify that but I've personally seen how toxic a negative person can be in a business setting and even in a sports club board.

It's speculation but for those who have dealt with it, people who are overly negative can be a complete cancer.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
To some the negativity can be seen as some good opposition but after the cap cuts of 15 and 16 after going for it in 2016 again via trades

There was nothing left but to really see negativity. They have frimly been in the dammed if they do or not if they went for it or began the rebuilding they could since they couldn't trade the core 4 anyway with the nmcs. The negativity there certainly can be a hindering as, yeah we know its not good either way.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Interesting but what jumps out is the comments about negativity. Can't really quantify that but I've personally seen how toxic a negative person can be in a business setting and even in a sports club board.

It's speculation but for those who have dealt with it, people who are overly negative can be a complete cancer.

I think the issue is people who are negative but offer no alternatives. So, if you come up with ideas, and a negative person criticizes them but has nothing constructive to offer, it doesn't work. It also kills moral. I don't know if this was the case here, but just speaking generally.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad