Nordic Invasion

SeanConn

Apr 25, 2018
New Cork, New Brunswick, Canada
upload_2018-11-26_17-39-56.png

Nordic Players are leading 7 of the 8 main stat leaders on NHL.com. Especially impressive is Finland's rise... have we ever seen Finnish players leading the NHL like this before? What would it mean if the Art Ross and Rocket is won by a Finn? Really hope they're going to allow NHL players to play at the Beijing Olympics... might be Finland's best shot to win gold.

Reactions: RorschachWJK

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Good on The Finns, and impressive.

The accolades of winning any statistical category will surely make their fellow Finns proud.

Are you predicting as well as asking BestCoaster?

Nice to see some Buffalo Sabres on those lists for the first time in about 30 years...

Reactions: BestCoaster

SeanConn

Apr 25, 2018
New Cork, New Brunswick, Canada
Good on The Finns, and impressive.

The accolades of winning any statistical category will surely make their fellow Finns proud.

Are you predicting as well as asking BestCoaster?
well, we're not sure if NHL will be in Beijing... but if they are, I wouldn't want to bet against Finland. I'm a Canadian, so I'm always happy if Canada wins... but I can't help but admit part of me would like to see the Finns win (even over Canada, since we've won so many times) Judging by how the Finns are dominating in the NHL... it's not too far fetched, especially since a lot of these young guns are just going to get better!

Reactions: RorschachWJK

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Yes. It indeed looks very good for Finns currently. And current NHL-compelement isn't whole story either. There are a lot of new blood incoming in the production pipeline.

But nobody should get this current situation like it would happened cheap, fast, or by luck. Finnish Hockey system had to largely self-obliterate old thinking and practices, and philosophy to re-start anew for building new system, to make things happen and changes effective...

Within time-horizon of about 20 years. Here are now some glimpses of the results of that long process visible there. Something we truly should be proud of.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Sure looks good but Olympics are one game elimination and anything can happen. A goalie goes cold for one game and it's game over. A centers stick breaks on a faceoff and its game over. And so on.

However, the current young core and the upcoming top prospects (e.g. Kakko) make it look like the opportunity window might actually be the next two Olympics, not just Beijing.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
should be awesome for Canada vs Finland, I've been doing quite abit of scouting on Fins for the past while especially after avs drafted mikko and staring with barkov sinces avs could have drafted him and its extremely impressive very happy for Fin fans . :) I believe this era could produce some of the very best of all time.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
This is pretty historical time for Finnish hockey. Mikko Rantanen leading in points (38), Patrik Laine in goals (19) and Pekka Rinne in save% (94,2). This is such unreal dominating from the small northern european country.

View media item 3457

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad