Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Run defense was concerning today. Hopefully they get Hargrave (I think Armsted will be out a few more weeks) back next week and shore that up. Dallas also lost today so if the Eagles lose tomorrow the game against Baltimore isn't as important as it could have been.
At this point, the NFC title is in SF's hands. Key game is the Baltimore game. That's the hardest one left on the schedule. They own the tie breaker with Philly, so as long as they stay tied with them at the end of the season, they get the first round bye, which is huge for the team who gets it.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
At this point, the NFC title is in SF's hands. Key game is the Baltimore game. That's the hardest one left on the schedule. They own the tie breaker with Philly, so as long as they stay tied with them at the end of the season, they get the first round bye, which is huge for the team who gets it.

Yeah, but Philly's hard game is tonight. If Philly loses, the 49ers will have a two game (A game, plus the tie breaker) lead going into their hardest game of the season next week. That's why I'm rooting for Seattle tonight, especially now that Dallas lost. Get that extra cushion and really control your own destiny with at least 1 loss in mind.

Reactions: Sandisfan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, but Philly's hard game is tonight. If Philly loses, the 49ers will have a two game (A game, plus the tie breaker) lead going into their hardest game of the season next week. That's why I'm rooting for Seattle tonight, especially now that Dallas lost. Get that extra cushion and really control your own destiny with at least 1 loss in mind.
Seattle needs to win the game for their own PO chances. ONly 2 WC spots left after the East 2nd place.

6-7, so if they win out they get to 10-7. Lose 1 game and it's 9-8. And then it's tie breaker city. They are 0-2 vs Rams so lose that. Have not played any of the other WC contending teams.

Min is 7-7 have Det 2 times and GB. Likely to split Det so I don't see them better than 9-8
GB is 6-8, have South teams and Min. Need to win out.

LA is 7-7, but have SF in the final week, so likely max out at 9-8

NO/TB at 7-7. NO/Rams play each other, so could knock 1 of them out.

But, the tie breaker scenario is going to be messy if Seattle does not win out.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seattle with the W. If SF can beat Baltimore, they win the NFC so long as they split their final 2 games vs Wash and LAR. If they do beat Bal and Wash, If they lose to Bal, then they have to go full out to win their final 2 games as they own the H2H tie breaker vs the NFC East.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I'm so tired of Farhan. But I also realize if Yamamoto didn't want to play for us even after a boat load of money, then nothing he can do. I hate this team man...

Imagine how weird it must be for Farhan and Co., literally bringing the BRINKS truck around to pay them and they all want to go to one team, the rivals.

Has some feelz like the late nineties/early aughts Red Wings teams.

I can only hope that everything goes tragically and horrifically wrong for the Dodgers. But that's nothing new for me, I feel that way every year.

Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I hate this team

Attachments

• 1gu6tlrtak8c1.jpeg
    1gu6tlrtak8c1.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 3

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The 49ers already won their division. They were just trying to not get their asses injured last night.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Even if it's as bad as you think it is with that game, it's just one game and it happens. They just need to adjust to how they should play teams like the Browns and Ravens who rely on their defense to create more scoring opportunities and run to CMC more especially early on. 49ers won a Super Bowl after getting spanked 40-8 in '94.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Great round of football so far. Dallas and Cleveland getting embarassed and the Lions finally breaking the drought are a couple of fun stories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad