GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 2: Commence rookie QBs

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Imagine being Canes/Bucs fans in last 20 years.

Oh, wait, I'm. No matter what but this is masochism probably - to choose Canes and Bucs of all teams.

Reactions: Brock Anton

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Panthers fans and some players (Tre Boston) trying to make a connection with this game to SB 50. The connection is the losing team didn't do enough on offense and in the Panthers case, didn't take the opposition seriously.

Seriously, it's time to let that game go.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
NFL trying to one-up the NHL officiating...this is disgraceful

Was kinda watching a bit while doing some work in the first half, what a horrible game and horrible look for the league. Didn't watch any of the 2nd half, and I'd bet that I wasn't the only one... Congrats to the Bucs, I never like an NFCS rival winning it but whatever. I've become less and less interested in non-Panthers NFL games the last several years, they don't let them play defense any more and protect all their golden QBs. Just silly.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Didn’t even watch the SB. The universe is aligned so that Brady - who is extremely talented - is on the winning side of major games.

Last edited:
Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I would have been okay with that.

Yeah that's a tough price, but you grit your teeth and take the proven QB.

The whole Stafford thing is funny. He's definitely a very good QB but it seems like there's been this media tour to really move him into the elite status based on his situation pulling him down...not sure I see it. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out in LA, it's super bowl or bust now.

And apparently Wentz is gonna fetch a 1st rounder now? The Lions might as well try to move Goff at that rate and trade up for a rookie.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
837B1A4C-ADDE-4B1B-9BEC-66DA61BDE6B4.jpeg

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm surprised the Patriots and Cam Newton are going to be a thing for another season.
Nobody we wanted to get cut did and we probably aren't willing to be aggressive on the trade market at this point. I think at times he was better than his numbers last year but if he ends up as the starter, I hope all the excuses of getting covid, and learning a new offense, and lack of weapons, and being further from injuries are true. I think they affected things but he could just be washed as well.

He's also not earning a lot unless he plays a lot and plays well, so if a better option comes available, we can pursue it, whether veteran or draft pick.

I think more than anything, they wanted at least one of the possible answers before free agency. They have money to spend and need to sell FAs on somebody. I've heard many say that many players still respect Cam and might find playing with him attractive. It's definitely easier to sell at this point than nobody, Stidham, or a draft pick when we're in the no man's land of draft spot when it comes to QBs.

Reactions: HisIceness

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Ah yes the old "If I don't get my way I'm taking my toy and going home!" threat. Let's see how far this one goes.....

Sadly cities bend over backwards for sports teams.

Buffalo calls Austin:

ill trade you the Bills and the Sabres for a 7th round pick, no retention on either

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad