Non-Official PTT (Post Trade Deadline) - Line Speculation?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
So, post-trade and with injuries, 4 of Nolan's top 6 are gone... Anyone else as hot curious what the lines are likely to look like tomorrow and beyond?

Edit: exceedingly keen to see what youth comes and stays, giving us a sense of how the future might shape up...

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Post-trade deadline lineup

The tanking as been completed for this season (until the draft)
What do you think the lineup should be for next game?
I'm intrigued to see what it will look like, this team is so bad at every positions now. I can't remember in the last 10 or so years a worst team to play in the NHL?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The tanking as been completed for this season (until the draft)
What do you think the lineup should be for next game?
I'm intrigued to see what it will look like, this team is so bad at every positions now. I can't remember in the last 10 or so years a worst team to play in the NHL?

Did you see the line up post deadline last year?

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Moulson-Ennis-Foligno
Gionta-Ellis-Hodgson
Dalpe-Verone-Deslauries
Schaller-Larsson-D'Amigo

Hopefully Grigorenko gets a look after at least 10 games of this.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Moulson-Ennis-Foligno
Gionta-Ellis-Hodgson
Dalpe-Verone-Deslauries
Schaller-Larsson-D'Amigo

Hopefully Grigorenko gets a look after at least 10 games of this.

Larsson will be on the wing.

I would imagine the Larsson/Varone/Dalpe line will stay together

Moulson/Ennis/Foligno
Des/Hodgson/Gionta
Larsson/Varone/Dalpe
Ellis/Schaller/D'Amigo

Maybe flip Gionta and Foligno

Karate Johnson*

Teddy needs to be smart and maybe prolong his career. Coach a tank. It's your last NHL coaching job, make it last. You might get to coach some talent next year.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
If I were trying to put together the best possible lineup I'd go with:

Moulson-Ennis-Hodgson ("#1" line)
Larsson-Varone-Dalpe (all offensive zone starts)
Foligno-Ellis-Gionta (defensive "shutdown" line)
Des-Schaller-D'Amigo/Nevin/callup

Karate Johnson*

Spread the talent out as much as possible. Don't give Moulson anyone to set him up. Water down already bad lines and we just wonMt have the puck or score.

My big concern is the kids will be young and hungry.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Larsson will be on the wing.

I would imagine the Larsson/Varone/Dalpe line will stay together

Moulson/Ennis/Foligno
Des/Hodgson/Gionta
Larsson/Varone/Dalpe
Ellis/Schaller/D'Amigo

Maybe flip Gionta and Foligno

Nolan has been putting Foligno at center, so with that as an option I'd be surprised if both Ennis and Hodgson move back. And because Nolan has so far resisted every opportunity to let Moulson/Hodgson team up, I gotta guess -

Moulson - Foligno - Ennis
Larsson - Hodgson - Gionta
Des - Varone - Dalpe
Schaller - Ellis - ??

Personally I'd like to *finally* see a line of Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis, swap them if you have to (though the outside speed and playmaking center makes sense to me?). Could even be 2/3rds of a defensively responsible line (at least in terms of trying)... Moulson is a lost cause, but Ennis does give it heart, so if Nolan just has a good heart-to-heart with Hodgson and finds another way to keep pushing his physical play without destroying confidence.... Okay, I'm day dreaming.

Chances are the 4th is centered by Ellis and winged by Hodgson no matter what. They had a bad shift last game so need the stick. Ala Zads sitting extra games over Mez/Benoit.

Hopefully Grigorenko is back up asap.

(ps: thanks JJ, btw).

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
If I were trying to put together the best possible lineup I'd go with:

Moulson-Ennis-Hodgson ("#1" line)
Larsson-Varone-Dalpe (all offensive zone starts)
Foligno-Ellis-Gionta (defensive "shutdown" line)
Des-Schaller-D'Amigo/Nevin/callup

I could go for this!

But there's no way Nolan will have Foligno play behind Hodgson and Larsson, and I'm not seeing Gionta outside of the top 6 either.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I could go for this!

But there's no way Nolan will have Foligno play behind Hodgson and Larsson, and I'm not seeing Gionta outside of the top 6 either.

Oh, I expect the top 6 to be: Ennis, Moulson, Gionta, Foligno, Des, and someone off the waiver wire. The AHL line can stay together and Hodgson can play with Ellis and Schaller.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Oh, I expect the top 6 to be: Ennis, Moulson, Gionta, Foligno, Des, and someone off the waiver wire. The AHL line can stay together and Hodgson can play with Ellis and Schaller.

You Nolan posting under a handle? :naughty:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
whose gonna be in goal for the rest of tank...I mean season?

I'd prefer to get Hackett his 7 starts to retain his rights. He may not be the best prospect anymore, but why not? Nothing to be lost by doing so.

I'd give the college goalie as many starts as it would take to "outbid" his other suitors.

I'd prefer to see Lindback over Johnson just because he's younger and has some iota of potential left. But I imagine Johnson gets some games.

It's a lost season, there's literally no reason whatsoever to play the "best." None at all. Any coach on board with the best thing longterm for the organization would see that. I don't care who the best (or worst) is at all. I just want to get looks at the younger guys.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Grigorenko is expected to be in the NHL next year, right? Might as well let him play the last 10-15 games to get some more experience.

DrZemgus

Feb 28, 2015
Niagara Region
Grigorenko is expected to be in the NHL next year, right? Might as well let him play the last 10-15 games to get some more experience.

Grigorenko missed about a month due to injury. He'll probably get a few games in the AHL to get his legs up but he should be up soon.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Foligno-Ellis-Ennis
Moulson-Dalpe-Gionta
Des-Varone-Amigo
Hodgson-Schaller-Larsson

Nolan will try to put out the most defense oriented lines

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
with my crystal ball I predict...

regardless of who plays where, people will say its a stupid lineup and blame Nolan's incompetence

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Moulson Ennis Foligno
Larsson Varone Gionta
Catenacci Schaller Dalpe
Hodgson Ellis Deslauries

Bogosian Benoit
Ristolainen Meszaros
Weber Zadorov
Strachan

Johnson
Lindback

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Moulson Ennis Foligno
Larsson Varone Gionta
Catenacci Schaller Dalpe
Hodgson Ellis Deslauries

Bogosian Benoit
Ristolainen Meszaros
Weber Zadorov
Strachan

Johnson
Lindback

This seems most likely. There's no way Foligno & Gionta are playing out of the top six or that Nolan will play Hodgson above the 4th (5th) line - less TM had also traded away Gigrensens, Ennis and Moulson. And fired Nolan :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad