Non-Minnesota NHL News XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
MacTavish will have a short visit behind the bench. Eakins wasn't turning the ship around nor will MacT. They're already sacrificed the season for another pick so it doesn't matter who's behind the bench anymore. They have time to get the right coach but they should get rid of the management sooner rather than later.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Details on the Voynov incident.
Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 38m 38 minutes ago
Redondo Beach police officer: Voynov's wife had laceration over left eye, blood streaming, red marks on neck.

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 36m 36 minutes ago
Officer says Voynov's wife said he struck her in the face with his fist. #Kings #NHL

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 35m 35 minutes ago
Officer: Voynov pushed wife to ground multiple times, kicked her repeatedly while on ground, chocked her three times.

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 34m 34 minutes ago
Officer: Voynov pushed her into flat-screen TV where she cut her face.

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 33m 33 minutes ago
Officer: Voynov's wife required eight stitches to close wound above left eye.

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 32m 32 minutes ago
Officer: "There's bruising, red marks, scratches on the victim's neck."

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 31m 31 minutes ago
I can only catch quick glimpses of photos of the injuries to Voynov's wife. Lots of blood.

Nathan Fenno @nathanfenno · 27m 27 minutes ago
At Voynov's home, the officer noted blood all over bedroom, including covering comforter and a bloody handprint on floor.

What a bum. If the Kings management/team knew all this and still had him come in for that illegal practice a few weeks ago all I can do is laugh. What a joke.

EDIT: Added more. What a disgusting situation.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Wow, that's sick. If it's all true, I hope Voynov never plays in the NHL again.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Looked for this on the main boards and can't seem to find it. Is this not as funny as I think??

EDIT: looks like I'm pretty late to this... Hopefully someone out there hasn't seen it. :D

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Looked for this on the main boards and can't seem to find it. Is this not as funny as I think??

EDIT: looks like I'm pretty late to this... Hopefully someone out there hasn't seen it. :D

Yeah, good thing you didn't make a thread on the main board. I think there have been 4 :laugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Edmonton fired their head coach.

I am personally guessing they go after Bylsma or Maclean.

EDIT: Nevermind, hahahaha:

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-Heads-Back-In-Laughter-In-George-Of-The-Jungle.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :biglaugh:

I just literally fell out of my seat laughing at MacT being coach AND GM. I mean, this is beyond pathetic.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Hey, all those Isles fans complaining about Scandella slashing Tavares? Your boy just cheap shot speared Zidlicky.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN 6m6 minutes ago
My Favorite tweet of the day RT @neekers_92: Since Nov. 9, Oilers have had more press conferences (2) than wins (1).

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So another part of the Slava Voynov story, TMZ obtained a letter than Voynov's wife, Marta, sent to the District Attorney. Here is a direct link. Marta pretty much blames everything on herself and claims Voynov did nothing wrong. It's about three and a quarter pages long, here is the important parts IMO:
On the evening of October 19, 2014, my husband and I attended a party at the home of a friend. [...] At this party, my husband and I had a disagreement about something that the men were saying that I did not like. [...]

After the party [...] I wanted to finish resolving the disagreement that started at the party. After a short time, only a few minutes, Slava wanted to end the discussion and go to bed. I did not want to end our conversation. We continued it in the bedroom. [...]

At one point, Slava was hugging me and I grabbed his arms and grabbed his shoulders and squeezed them and said "No, I want to talk more," and he pushed me away because he wanted to stop talking and just go to bed. I fell down and Slava tried to walk past me. I was blocking his way, so he tried to move me with his legs. He was telling me to leave him alone. I got up and grabbed him to continue the discussion. [...]

Finally, while I was on my feet, still holding onto his arms, going very close to him and continuing to argue, Slava said, "Enough, enough, enough" (also in Russian), and he pushed my shoulders harder to make me let go of him so he could get away from me. I turned to keep my balance so that Slava could not walk away, and I turned my head toward the wall, where there was a flat screen television. That television. That television is normally flat against the wall, not on a stand, but it was turned toward the bed and so it was sticking out toward me. If it was not turned out from the wall, I would not have hit it and I would not have fallen down. [...] I hit my eyebrow against the corner of the television. I was cut and fell.

Much more at the link. Basically, she summarized everything and says it was all her fault. That the pushing/kicking was just her getting in his way as he was trying to go to bed and the cut on her face was accidental.

I don't know what to say.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, what about the officer's report? The report said that Voynov struck her in the face, that she was kicked repeatedly and choked, and had bruises and scratches on her neck.

Her story might explain the laceration, but the rest of the injuries make Voynov sound like the aggressor.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So another part of the Slava Voynov story, TMZ obtained a letter than Voynov's wife, Marta, sent to the District Attorney. Here is a direct link. Marta pretty much blames everything on herself and claims Voynov did nothing wrong. It's about three and a quarter pages long, here is the important parts IMO:

Much more at the link. Basically, she summarized everything and says it was all her fault. That the pushing/kicking was just her getting in his way as he was trying to go to bed and the cut on her face was accidental.

I don't know what to say.

How sad.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Not too surprising, unfortunately. Always hate seeing the victims blame themselves.

I'm guessing she's worried about what will happen to her and her child (IIRC, it has been mentioned that they have a child) if Voynov gets sent to prison/deported. She might be on her own in a strange country with little knowledge of the language and with no other family except her husband. Still sad to see her blaming herself, but it is pretty common in DV cases. She doesn't really say anything in the letter that would necessarily contradict with what was released yesterday, she just takes the blame for it and tries to downplay Voynov's part.

Last edited:

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Ok Marta, I'm going to bed. And on my way I'm going to start kicking air, like this
tumblr_lqysfrbD5S1qh59n0o2_250.gif

And if any part of you should fill that air, it's your own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad