Non-Minnesota NHL News X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Hated Kipper after that crap he pulled in the 2010 Olympics, hate him even more now. Selfish *****.

Billy Mays Here*

I'm not sure I can blame him too much for this, it would take a lot to move me away from my 1 week old child.

Nearly every NHL player goes through a stage where they have newborn children. And every NHL player that goes through this is already away from their child a significant amount of time due to the natural travel schedule involved in the NHL. He obviously doesn't care about helping Calgary, he's being a selfish crybaby like he always is.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Nearly every NHL player goes through a stage where they have newborn children. And every NHL player that goes through this is already away from their child a significant amount of time due to the natural travel schedule involved in the NHL. He obviously doesn't care about helping Calgary, he's being a selfish crybaby like he always is.

Considering it happened only a few days ago, and considering Calgary is just plain lost as an organization, I'm not going to be that mad at him. Sure hes a jackhole. But he's got a brand new kid and he feels the urge to stay as near as possible.

goatvindaloo

May 11, 2012
Shenandoah Valley
I agree it shows a lack of commitment to Calgary and his profession but I'm hesitant to judge hockey players too harshly in these situations. Sure, we expect professional athletes to be ubermensch but I can't be surprised when one acts human.

J22*

Why would/should he care about helping Calgary? He gave them a pretty great career, and was rewarded with pretty junk teams for most of it.

IMO the guy has earned the right to tell them to pound sand.

goatvindaloo

May 11, 2012
Shenandoah Valley
While I wish Columbus could have just beat the ******* Canucks, I gotta say Bobrovsky was stellar. Especially considering he was pretty much hung out to dry by his team in the first 40.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
****ing Caps. If they would have won, I would have got some extra cash.

Should have remembered, never bet on the Capitals......

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Spending time with his family over hockey seems pretty selfless to me.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
You just know that Feaster is going to bungle this somehow, someway....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad