OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XIII - The Minnesota Lynx Dynasty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
But at least players practice and live here. That's an advantage in and of itself.

And they've been practicing outside instead of in the facility. Also the Vikings' side of TCF is in the sun and can be much warmer than the opponent's side, apparently it was significant during the Panthers game last season.

Between the weather, the fact that Seattle just blew out Arizona, and our defense not missing as many players as last time we played them, I have no idea what to expect this game, save many, many comments on how cold it is from NBC commentators.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
And they've been practicing outside instead of in the facility. Also the Vikings' side of TCF is in the sun and can be much warmer than the opponent's side, apparently it was significant during the Panthers game last season.

Between the weather, the fact that Seattle just blew out Arizona, and our defense not missing as many players as last time we played them, I have no idea what to expect this game, save many, many comments on how cold it is from NBC commentators.

Yeah, that's actually a great point. This is the sort of day where that could be a huge advantage. If it's sunny of course.

If I had to guess I'd pick something like 23-20 Seattle. I think it'll be close, but if we get behind early, we'll be in big trouble.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
There is still a ton of tickets left for the Vikes game. Outdoor football sure has decreased the value of a Vikings ticket.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I mean there's no way I'm paying big bucks to sit in far away seats in a -20 degree wind chill instead of the luxury of my couch.

(wait, I'm going to the stadium series game... hmm...)

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah I love football but there is NO WAY you will find me at the stadium this Sunday. Sorry, but sitting in -20 wind chill for 3 hours just sounds awful :laugh:

I wouldn't even go if the ticket was free. I'll be sitting in my warm basement, on a comfortable couch, with a cold beer in hand :nod:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Ken Griffey Jr. was elected into the HOF yesterday with a record amount of votes (99.3% (should've been 100%)).

USA Today said:
Ken Griffey Jr., superstitious as a ballplayer and unfailingly modest away from the game, has spent his life refusing to set foot in the National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum.

Three times he was in Cooperstown, N.Y., playing in exhibition games, but never would permit himself to even look at the front of the building, let alone walk inside and admire the plaques of baseball’s greatest players.

“The one time I wanted to go in there, I wanted to be a member of it,†Griffey said.

Now, the player simply called The Kid has no choice.

Pretty cool. One of the reasons I watched baseball growing up.

Source

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
2qjar2d.jpg

"Hi, this is Ken Griffey, Jr. Let's play Major League Baseball"

I played the hell out of that game :laugh:

And the whole "not voting anybody in 100%" thing is petty and stupid.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
2qjar2d.jpg

"Hi, this is Ken Griffey, Jr. Let's play Major League Baseball"

I played the hell out of that game :laugh:

And the whole "not voting anybody in 100%" thing is petty and stupid.

I loved that game! My friend and I would play that game constantly and build these super lineups. You could basically start with any player and gradually trade up to the elite players. I think we spent more time building our respective teams than we did actually playing the game. :laugh:

Congrats to Griffey. It was a no brainer that he got in the Hall and was definitely one of my favorite players growing up. I still have a Griffey Mariners jersey somewhere at my parents' house.

Also, he had the best swing in baseball...

uwijhwd-imgur.gif

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
That was a great game. Also had that for 64 and played a ton with my friends. Welcome to the HOF Griffey. Will definitely have to watch that induction this summer.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Marshawn out on Sunday. HUGE with Rawls being out as well and the weather as it is.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Bengals are a bunch of thugs. One of the worst choke jobs of all time. I want to feel bad for their recent playoff history, but I just can't after this game. Burfict is a thug and clearly out there headhunting. His hit that injured Big Ben was clean, though.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Holy @#$!! That was epic. Beautiful. Bengals got cocky and then threw a tantrum worse than a 5 year-old. Seeing them cry after that meltdown was awesome. Learn some discipline, boys.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Oh yeah, don't forget the fans throwing things on the field, throwing things at Big Ben when he was getting carted off, and cheering when he got injured.

Idiots.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Looks like Pacman deleted his instagram video.

Not surprised. He was basically cursing out the refs big time for the flag at the end of the game on him while a Steelers LB coach was on the field after the Brown hit. He'll get a big fine for the video I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad