OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
This woman is debuting in the World Athletics Indoor Championships in Glasgow today.
Competing in pentathlon:
60 meters hurdles
High Jump
Shot Put
Long Jump
800 Metres

Her father is a legendary hockey player.

1709277831193.png

Can you name her and her father?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Time for a new QB.

I think the Vikes aren't expecting him back, otherwise, why change QB coaches away from a guy who has done only good with Kirk?

New QB, New QB coach that fits the new QB's style.
I'll have to find the article but there's been a lot of rumblings that Cousins is going to Atlanta. I don't know how much of that is rumor, speculations, etc but it would make sense for numerous reasons.

Reactions: TaLoN

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Numbers say otherwise.

This doesn't equate to "not being able to throw left". It's just something he needs to improve on. Every QB prospect has a few warts to their game. Williams has an issue with turnovers, Daniels likes to run, but has a smaller frame which could lead to injury, Maye has some accuracy issues.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This doesn't equate to "not being able to throw left". It's just something he needs to improve on. Every QB prospect has a few warts to their game. Williams has an issue with turnovers, Daniels likes to run, but has a smaller frame which could lead to injury, Maye has some accuracy issues.
Daniels and McCarthy are two guys I just don't want to move up and grab. Maye and Williams is a yes. I'd rather the Vikings work on the trenches before getting a QB.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He can't throw to the left.
Yup, and pre-draft experts said Dan Marino's mechanics would cause him to fail in the NFL, he held the ball too low, which would cause a slow release and cause defenders to ether sack him more frequently or get the ball knocked out before he could throw it.

Yet, without a change of mechanics, neither came true and he actually had the quickest release in the history of the game.

Sometimes people just far over analyze things.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Every quarterback is working on their footwork. Jordan Love has problems with hitching, which makes his throws a second late. He got a lot better as the season went on.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yup, and pre-draft experts said Dan Marino's mechanics would cause him to fail in the NFL, he held the ball too low, which would cause a slow release and cause defenders to ether sack him more frequently or get the ball knocked out before he could throw it.

Yet, without a change of mechanics, neither came true and he actually had the quickest release in the history of the game.

Sometimes people just far over analyze things.
That's true; I mean Mahomes was at one time rated below Peterman and was considered to have terrible footwork. We all see what happened then.

On the other hand. Trubisky is another guy that just never could get the grasp of throwing to his left no matter the coaching and we see how that went.

It is something to keep an eye on.

I also don't know how good KOC is as an offensive-minded coach and how he can develop talent. He did okay with Chandler (though stuck with Mattison WAY too long). Lowe, Nailor and Muse were low draft picks so can't really determine anything there along with McBride. Addison did okay.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That's true; I mean Mahomes was at one time rated below Peterman and was considered to have terrible footwork. We all see what happened then.

On the other hand. Trubisky is another guy that just never could get the grasp of throwing to his left no matter the coaching and we see how that went.

It is something to keep an eye on.

I also don't know how good KOC is as an offensive-minded coach and how he can develop talent. He did okay with Chandler (though stuck with Mattison WAY too long). Lowe, Nailor and Muse were low draft picks so can't really determine anything there along with McBride. Addison did okay.

He needs to come with the "QB drafted/developed" by the Bears asterisk.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I can only imagine the outrage Caleb would get if he said he isnt playing for the Bears when it was perfectly fine when a Manning did it.

Caleb gets pooped on for not participating in the combine but Jayden Daniels gets praised for it.

He seemed pretty damn professional in these interviews.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
He can't throw to the left.
Dude struggles throwing outside the numbers period. I also dont think his deep ball is that great either. Dunno how someone can watch him throw this weekend and be like "yeah i need that dude on my team". The cost to draft him seems so incredibly inflated at this point its crazy. Theres chatter out there that people want the Vikings to trade up to #5 so we can draft him lol

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Dude struggles throwing outside the numbers period. I also dont think his deep ball is that great either. Dunno how someone can watch him throw this weekend and be like "yeah i need that dude on my team". The cost to draft him seems so incredibly inflated at this point its crazy. Theres chatter out there that people want the Vikings to trade up to #5 so we can draft him lol

I don't know....he just has that "it" factor for me. Drafted by the right team, with the right players around him, I think he's going to turn into a very good QB. Is the Vikings the right team, is KOC the right coach? We know he'll have a couple of good receivers and a decent offensive line in front of him. Personally, I would be thrilled if the Vikings picked him. Ideally, he would sit for at least 1 season to give him a chance to develop and have him take over 1-2 years down the road.

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad