OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
He didn’t look too terrible yesterday. 33-42 passes, 252, 0TD, 1 INT. Obviously the big one is 0 TDs though...
Not a huge stat guy, I thought he looked pretty bad. He played to not make mistakes and when he did take chances he didn’t look good. Honestly I’m going back and forth because if the Bears win that pretty much gives the packers a bye to the championship game

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Lions are parting ways with Stafford. I'd love if the Vikes had a way to get him, but it's not happening.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Sorry, was supposed to be "excessively"... phone auto-correct chose the wrong word, didn't notice.

He's always intolerable, today is excessively so. He can't get his nose out of either QB's rear.

Two of the greatest to ever play? How dare he...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Two of the greatest to ever play? How dare he...
If you like your play by play guys to be blind to mistakes made in game because "QB greatness" fine. Buck never sees the mistakes made real time to call an honest game when he's shoving his nose up like that.

That's why he's always been intolerable.

Al Michaels is a good example of an honest play by play guy who can show respect to a all time great, but still admit that not everything they do is all time great all the time.

All that said, I am a fan of Troy Aikman as a color guy... he calls it as he sees it, and has even had the old "eye roll" inflection in his voice at times when Buck goes over the top with his gushing and feels the need to counter a bit.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If you like your play by play guys to be blind to mistakes made in game because "QB greatness" fine. Buck never sees the mistakes made real time to call an honest game when he's shoving his nose up like that.

That's why he's always been intolerable.

Al Michaels is a good example of an honest play by play guy who can show respect to a all time great, but still admit that not everything they do is all time great all the time.

Buck is one of the all time greats.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
1081.gif

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events