Proposal: Non Blockbuster CLB-TOR Trade

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Kerfoot is a whole lot of meh and Dermott likely doesnt even make the team. Jenner means a lot to the Blue Jackets so that a big no

Reactions: banks

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is Jenner really an upgrade over Kerfoot? and a Dermott sized gap in value at that?

If Jenner is not really an upgrade over Kerfoot, why are the Leafs wanting to trade Kerfoot in the 1st place?

Blue Jackets already have Domi. Domi and Kerfoot are not a good combo up the middle. Need to do better than that to pry away Jenner

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Is Jenner really an upgrade over Kerfoot? and a Dermott sized gap in value at that?

He absolutely is and if you have to ask that there’s really no point in me debating the value with you between those players. I say that thinking Dermott is a decent young D but he also will require protection which he wouldn’t get in Columbus so he’d be exposed to Seattle anyways. Zero reason for Columbus to entertain the downgrade of a fan favourite

Reactions: Mrfenn92

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
If Jenner is not really an upgrade over Kerfoot, why are the Leafs wanting to trade Kerfoot in the 1st place?

Blue Jackets already have Domi. Domi and Kerfoot are not a good combo up the middle. Need to do better than that to pry away Jenner

Who says they are? Havent heard they were shopping him.

Most 3C are an upgrade over Kerfoot.

Maybe. Kerfoot has been good in that slot and dont have any problem keeping him there.

He absolutely is and if you have to ask that there’s really no point in me debating the value with you between those players. I say that thinking Dermott is a decent young D but he also will require protection which he wouldn’t get in Columbus so he’d be exposed to Seattle anyways. Zero reason for Columbus to entertain the downgrade of a fan favourite

What does make Jenner so much more valuable?

Kerfoot has outscored him all 3 years he has been in the league. And Kerfoot had more points in the play-in series than Jenner all playoffs.

I understand this being a pointless move for CBJ as they dont need Dermott but lets not act like just because its bad for CBJ its automatically good for Toronto. I dont do this.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
What does make Jenner so much more valuable?

Kerfoot has outscored him all 3 years he has been in the league. And Kerfoot had more points in the play-in series than Jenner all playoffs.

I understand this being a pointless move for CBJ as they dont need Dermott but lets not act like just because its bad for CBJ its automatically good for Toronto. I dont do this.
Future captain ability.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yep, with Foligno contract coming up. Especially now, most our top 6 is full of top 9 players. Character guys like him are needed.
cool. still dont see how that increases trade value. especially to Toronto who have at least 5 guys they would name captain before him.

Reactions: Third Degree Burns

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jenner is a beastly winger on the forecheck, that's his best attribute as a player. They don't want to use him at center anymore so they can get the most out of him. At center he barely scores, and he's not much better than Koivu/Nash in that low-event center role.

I don't really understand why the Leafs, who need a shutdown center option, didn't go for a guy like Koivu, and loaded up with geriatric pure scorers like Spezza, Simmonds, and Thornton. Just one shutdown center would make a big difference for the Leafs.

cool. still dont see how that increases trade value. especially to Toronto who have at least 5 guys they would name captain before him.

It increases his value to Columbus, we can end it with that.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Jenner is a beastly winger on the forecheck, that's his best attribute as a player. They don't want to use him at center anymore so they can get the most out of him. At center he barely scores, and he's not much better than Koivu/Nash in that low-event center role.

I don't really understand why the Leafs, who need a shutdown center option, didn't go for a guy like Koivu, and loaded up with geriatric pure scorers like Spezza, Simmonds, and Thornton. Just one shutdown center would make a big difference for the Leafs.

It increases his value to Columbus, we can end it with that.
Yeah i absolutely see why columbus declines.

i also see why we decline.

this is just a lose-lose move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad