Value of: Nolan Patrick

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Why are you starting your package out with negative value?

Realistically, Patrick isnt available. We'd be selling low and for someone in his second year, and thats literally the dumbest move the flyers could make.
You are right, he isn't available, which the OP made pretty clear. This is a "Value of" thread, not rumor or speculation. Not sure why every time someone is just trying to gauge the value of a player as seen from other teams around the league purely out of interest, there is always a few posters who feel they need to tell everyone he isn't being traded because it's stupid.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You are right, he isn't available, which the OP made pretty clear. This is a "Value of" thread, not rumor or speculation. Not sure why every time someone is just trying to gauge the value of a player as seen from other teams around the league purely out of interest, there is always a few posters who feel they need to tell everyone he isn't being traded because it's stupid.

Flyers value patrick as a young 1C, capable of reaching 65+ points with responsible two way play. He fits a need for this team in the near future.

His value is is as such, regardless of his current play. If youre not offering a Young, #1 C with that kind of upside, the answer is no.

That better for you?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Flyers value patrick as a young 1C, capable of reaching 65+ points with responsible two way play. He fits a need for this team in the near future.

His value is is as such, regardless of his current play. If youre not offering a Young, #1 C with that kind of upside, the answer is no.

That better for you?
So you guys are looking to trade him?

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So you guys are looking to trade him?

Yes, I'll trade Patrick for a similarly aged, better version of himself.

Since virtually no team is going to move a better player for a worse one, theres no deal to be made, so his value is inconsequential. I didnt think that needed to be explicitly typed out, but here we are.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yes, I'll trade Patrick for a similarly aged, better version of himself.

Since virtually no team is going to move a better player for a worse one, theres no deal to be made, so his value is inconsequential. I didnt think that needed to be explicitly typed out, but here we are.
Hmm interesting, I didn't think he would be traded at all, just came in to this thread to see what people thought he was worth in a hypothetical EA NHL way.

But if you are saying he is being shopped, that makes it more interesting, maybe start a speculation thread?

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hmm interesting, I didn't think he would be traded at all, just came in to this thread to see what people thought he was worth in a hypothetical EA NHL way.

But if you are saying he is being shopped, that makes it more interesting, maybe start a speculation thread?

What part of my posts makes you think hes being shopped. I originally said he wasnt available, to which you got upset because this is a vlaue of thread. I replied, and gave you his value, and somehow you took that as "Patrick is being shopped".

Thats some pretty spectacular reading between the lines, if you ask me.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I remember Flyers fans freaking out and saying I was crazy cause I posted I preferred Kyle Connor over Patrick close to the draft. Not every 2nd OA pick becomes Malkin or Laine. Sometimes they end up Sam Reinhart

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
What part of my posts makes you think hes being shopped. I originally said he wasnt available, to which you got upset because this is a vlaue of thread. I replied, and gave you his value, and somehow you took that as "Patrick is being shopped".

Thats some pretty spectacular reading between the lines, if you ask me.
Ooooooorr... I said what I wanted in my first post, and these last few were just me having fun. Either way, good talk.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I remember Flyers fans freaking out and saying I was crazy cause I posted I preferred Kyle Connor over Patrick close to the draft. Not every 2nd OA pick becomes Malkin or Laine. Sometimes they end up Sam Reinhart

And sometimes #2 overalls dont come in to the league and light it up in their second season, like Malkin, and others, they take a little longer to reach their potential, like a Seguin.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I would offer Bennett for him from Calgary. Similar pedigree and offensive production.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
And sometimes #2 overalls dont come in to the league and light it up in their second season, like Malkin, and others, they take a little longer to reach their potential, like a Seguin.
That's true, but I've been down on Patrick ever since his draft year.

The Flyers should have returned him to juniors last year, so he could have learned to become a dominant offensive player. I fear they might have rushed him and ruined his development

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

The Flyers should have returned him to juniors last year, so he could have learned to become a dominant offensive player. I fear they might have rushed him and ruined his development

2 years into his NHL career, hes certainly ruined. :thumbu:

Im thaankful the Jets didnt think Shiefele was ruined after his 2nd year.

Reactions: BabyPanda

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Did you miss where I said 'might have' or did ignoring it just work better for your childish snark?

Its insane to even suggest that a player in his second year, who spent half of his first year recovering from an off season surgery, has a 'ruined' development. He hasnt even played 100 games yet.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Or JVR. I have no idea what Patrick’s value is. I personally thought he’d have a huge year. He finally had a healthy offseason and would be given more of an opportunity. He has shown very little outside of a few games with Lindblom that the coach was sure to break up. He hasn’t shown regression. He just hasn’t shown much pop this year. Last year he showed what he could do and looked like our best player. I think he was near a point per game in the last 29 games or something. Once we get a coach that values offense more than D like Hakstol and hextall did he will be a lot better.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013

He really didn't have much to prove in juniors and had a very good finish to his rookie season.

Voracek is the only forward that's been on his line throughout the season, the rest of the time is a revolving door (even when he's shown chemistry with Lindblom). He's what you expect from a 20 year old that isn't a superstar in the making.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Trending like Yakupov.

Except Yak had a more impressive rookie season.

:sarcasm:

jk

TBH you guys are pretty stacked at defensive prospects, and your forwards are pretty stacked. Not sure what you guys need outside of goaltending and coaching.

Oilers could offer something around Yamamoto, a 1st, and Talbot at 50% Retained?

Doubt any of that gets it done, but Philly is a tough team to trade with.
I'm guessing you would need a cost controlled player who can contribute now?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Trending like Yakupov.

Except Yak had a more impressive rookie season.

:sarcasm:

jk

TBH you guys are pretty stacked at defensive prospects, and your forwards are pretty stacked. Not sure what you guys need outside of goaltending and coaching.

Oilers could offer something around Yamamoto, a 1st, and Talbot at 50% Retained?

Doubt any of that gets it done, but Philly is a tough team to trade with.
I'm guessing you would need a cost controlled player who can contribute now?
It just comes down to the Flyers are not going to trade him. That simple.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad