Value of: Nolan Patrick

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
I think is value is still high but the way the flyers are going he could be part of a package to land a #1d or #1g ex quick or daughty type

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Schneider + ?

I apologize on behalf of all Devils fans. Schneider is of negative value. To put into terms how bad he is imagine not only having Hakstol as your coach, but Chairelli as your GM and Melnyk as your owner. That trifecta would do less damage to your franchise than f***ing Cory Schneider would. Worst player in the league, worst contract in the league, and an utter embarrassment of a goalie.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'd start with Jeremy Lauzon and Anders Bjork from Boston. Lauzon is already playing like a top 4 dman, and Bjork has upside. Willing to add, but idk how much.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Odd case.

Think of Sean Couturier when he first came into the league. Touted for his 2-way, Couts was used as a defensive C. Patrick isn’t great defensively, but Hak uses him as the shutdown C. There are only 3 F on the total of 17 skaters used this season that have a worse OZS% and one being Raffl who has played in ~33% of the games.

The line of X - Patrick - Voracek was used as a defensive minded line where Patrick and Voracek as a tandem is a mismatch defensively. That’s horrible coaching. Not only that, Hakstol uses their line as a Perimiter line (his system)... meaning, he wants them to puck along the boards and shoot from the point or for a rebound. Problem with that is Patrick is best utilized in the slot and not the boards.

I put 80% of it on coaching. He’s not being used correctly. They didn’t use Couturier correctly and they didn’t use Schenn correctly. The same thing is going down with Patrick. Also, Patrick was in the top 3 OZS% from March - end of the season last year and had 21 or whatever points in 30 games (whatever that stat line was).

In the early western road trip this year, our defensive C were Lehtera and Vorobyev. That let Patrick and Couts take most of their faceoffs in the Ozone and Patrick averaged a PPG for a little bit.

The other 20% is on him and his inability to finish. Most of his opportunities that he has comes from inside the HDO box rather than shooting outside. You can also see that he lost his confidence. He won’t bring the puck into those A opp. zones anymore. He will pass right back to the D or send it to the outside of the net.

Regardless, the offers on here are horrible. Philly shouldn’t trade him.

They’re running lines of:

JVR - Giroux - TK
Raffl - Couts - Voracek
Laughton - Patrick - Simmonds
Lindblom - Varone - Weise

Simmer and Patrick have horrid chemistry and again are mismatched denfensively as a tandem. Laughton isn’t skilled enough to be a good playmaker. That line is literally a “get the puck deep and check line”. They’re only good along the boards.

I think, to best utilize Patrick it should be:

Giroux - Patrick - TK
JVR - Couturier - Voracek
Lindblom - Laughton - Simmonds
Raffl - Varone - Weise

Giroux can get his confidence back up and Patrick will then be getting the time in the Ozone he needs.
There are some really nice pieces on this team. Hard to believe they aren't much better than what they are right now.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I'd start with Jeremy Lauzon and Anders Bjork from Boston. Lauzon is already playing like a top 4 dman, and Bjork has upside. Willing to add, but idk how much.
Since this is a “we know he won’t be traded, but what’s his value anyway” thread I’ll bite.

Almost all offers on here have been here’s out expendable pieces for yours (although Patrick isn’t expendable).

While this offer may be one of the better ones on here, it isn’t enough, and it doesn’t address needs. Bjork May have upside, but we have prospect wingers with similar upside along with Giroux, Voracek, TK, JVR, Lindblom, and Simmonds. Bjork most likely doesn’t push any of them out.

Lauzon is interesting, but I think as a base: Lauzon for Patrick doesn’t do Philly any good.

Our C depth at the moment stands as

Giroux - Couturier - Patrick - Varone/Lehtera

Or

Couturier - Patrick - Weal - Varone/Lehtera

Either way, a bonafide Young C has to come back.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Trending like Yakupov.

Except Yak had a more impressive rookie season.

:sarcasm:

jk

TBH you guys are pretty stacked at defensive prospects, and your forwards are pretty stacked. Not sure what you guys need outside of goaltending and coaching.

Oilers could offer something around Yamamoto, a 1st, and Talbot at 50% Retained?

Doubt any of that gets it done, but Philly is a tough team to trade with.
I'm guessing you would need a cost controlled player who can contribute now?

If we trade Nolan Patrick, we need a future version of what we expect Nolan Patrick to be in return. So again, if your offer isnt a young top 6C with the upside of 65+ points and responsible play, dont bother.

Since no one is going to offer that - and rightfully so, why would they? - his value is inconsequential. He's the Heir apparent currently to our 1C role.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
There are some really nice pieces on this team. Hard to believe they aren't much better than what they are right now.
Flyers do have a good team on paper, it’s just the coaching and goaltending is awful.

One of the worst PP—> ~13%
The worst PK —> ~76%
2nd to worst GAA

And extremely streaky scoring.

Stolarz has shown good play, but the coaching shell for a lead kills this team.

The flames had a season HIGH 34 passes into the f***ing HDO slot last night. 4 players acheived season highs in that regard too (Lindholm, Gaudreau, Monahan, and
Giordano). A f***ing Dman got in on it.

That’s the Hakstol shell. Go up by a couple goals and get Less than 3 shots in the 3rd period.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Since this is a “we know he won’t be traded, but what’s his value anyway” thread I’ll bite.

Almost all offers on here have been here’s out expendable pieces for yours (although Patrick isn’t expendable).

While this offer may be one of the better ones on here, it isn’t enough, and it doesn’t address needs. Bjork May have upside, but we have prospect wingers with similar upside along with Giroux, Voracek, TK, JVR, Lindblom, and Simmonds. Bjork most likely doesn’t push any of them out.

Lauzon is interesting, but I think as a base: Lauzon for Patrick doesn’t do Philly any good.

Our C depth at the moment stands as

Giroux - Couturier - Patrick - Varone/Lehtera

Or

Couturier - Patrick - Weal - Varone/Lehtera

Either way, a bonafide Young C has to come back.
Makes sense. Center is the Bruins biggest area of need as well, which makes us unideal trade partners. Beyond Bergy and Krejci, we have JFK and Frederick, both of whom are looking like potential third liners. Then there's Stunicka in Juniors. He's intriguing, but by no means a sure fire. B's don't have anyone right now that look like they can handle a top 6 C roll when our current guys can't do it any more.

Reactions: CapnZin

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I'm curious if people think that Trouba for Patrick would be considered fair? Of course the Jet's need Trouba much more than they need Patrick, and the Flyers need Patrick much more than they need Trouba, but I wonder if the value is equal? Personally I think Trouba > Patrick, but I am a Jet's fan.

I guess it comes down to is Patricks upside a 1C and downside a 2C ?

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Patrick is going through a little bit of a sophomore slump, but at the same time he’s not given the ice time he needs along with the wingers he needs to play more to his potential.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I'm curious if people think that Trouba for Patrick would be considered fair? Of course the Jet's need Trouba much more than they need Patrick, and the Flyers need Patrick much more than they need Trouba, but I wonder if the value is equal? Personally I think Trouba > Patrick, but I am a Jet's fan.

I guess it comes down to is Patricks upside a 1C and downside a 2C ?
I think with age and salary cap considered they're a wash in terms of value.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Flyers do have a good team on paper, it’s just the coaching and goaltending is awful.

One of the worst PP—> ~13%
The worst PK —> ~76%
2nd to worst GAA

And extremely streaky scoring.

Stolarz has shown good play, but the coaching shell for a lead kills this team.

The flames had a season HIGH 34 passes into the ****ing HDO slot last night. 4 players acheived season highs in that regard too (Lindholm, Gaudreau, Monahan, and
Giordano). A ****ing Dman got in on it.

That’s the Hakstol shell. Go up by a couple goals and get Less than 3 shots in the 3rd period.
4 full penalty kills in 3rd. Takes its toll.

Reactions: CapnZin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad