Injury Report: Noel Acciari Not Traveling With The Team

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Whether suspension-worthy or not, if it was our guy hitting their guy it would be one game.
Carolina=USA=No Suspension,
Love Gary
You feel that warrants a suspension?
Does the player have a history of these hits?

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Matthews never had a history and he was the only player I've ever seen suspended for a cross check to the head just last year. There was even a nearly identical hit that same night, I believe it was in Boston and it didn't even get noticed let alone mentioned

Reactions: Al14 and hoglund

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Matthews never had a history and he was the only player I've ever seen suspended for a cross check to the head just last year. There was even a nearly identical hit that same night, I believe it was in Boston and it didn't even get noticed let alone mentioned
Matthews was obviously deliberate and he used his stick. I don’t think they are comparable at all.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
No I don't think it was suspension-worthy. However, like I said if it was our guy concussing their guy I think Acciari would have got one game.

No , it wouldn't. Noel Acciari is American, by the way. It really has nothing to do with USA or Canada.

It's always "poor us, poor us!" in here. Man, pour me a drink.
Nothing to do with country of Acciari's birthplace. Everything to do with country of team. I will have that drink though to help me forget how brutal the reffing was in that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No I don't think it was suspension-worthy. However, like I said if it was our guy concussing their guy I think Acciari would have got one game.

Nothing to do with country of Acciari's birthplace. Everything to do with country of team. I will have that drink though to help me forget how brutal the reffing was in that game.
All good. I don’t believe there are biases

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Matthews was obviously deliberate and he used his stick. I don’t think they are comparable at all.
Wasn't trying to compare the two, just pointing out times the Leafs got penalized for what's typically a non suspension offense. Also, I don't know how that is anything but deliberate.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
The non call last night is the Bunting tax, payable to every ref in the league, every night. It's the ref's version of vigilante justice.

Time to use AI/ML to call the game. Sensors in the equipment and sticks, 50 cameras in the sky, it couldn't possibly be any worse. Anyone want to start a company to create the next generation referee?

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Wasn't trying to compare the two, just pointing out times the Leafs got penalized for what's typically a non suspension offense. Also, I don't know how that is anything but deliberate.
When you deliberately hit someone in the head with your stick you’re going to be suspended, it doesn’t matter who you play for.
You’re welcome to your opinion but to me it looked absolutely incidental

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
When you deliberately hit someone in the head with your stick you’re going to be suspended, it doesn’t matter who you play for.

There is precedent for incidental incidents being called a PIM. Happens every night.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
How exactly is a two hander an accident?

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
The non call last night is the Bunting tax, payable to every ref in the league, every night. It's the ref's version of vigilante justice.

Time to use AI/ML to call the game. Sensors in the equipment and sticks, 50 cameras in the sky, it couldn't possibly be any worse. Anyone want to start a company to create the next generation referee?
The software would probably get hacked, lol. Arizona suddenly wins 10 cups in a row with a cap floor roster and 0 penalty minutes called against them for 10 years. Besides, they'd probably name every robotic referee George, after George Parros. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Al14

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
The software would probably get hacked, lol. Arizona suddenly wins 10 cups in a row with a cap floor roster and 0 penalty minutes called against them for 10 years. Besides, they'd probably name every robotic referee George, after George Parros. ;)

LOL, my company does not have any employees and I'm already getting hacked... just my luck. it would all be in a faraday cage, it would use RSA and AES encryption :) ... it's already a billion dollar company, as we all know companies do not have to make money to have a high value, Twitter I'm looking at you.

I'm gonna call it Fraser, don't know why that name just rings true to me :)

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Because he intended to hit Acciari in the head and got away with it. I'm not sure he is the dumb one.

The way I saw it Accari was going North South, Jessie was going East West, they were in each others blind-spot, Jessie raised his hands to protect his face, hitting Acari with either his gloves, forearm or elbow. Although it is incidental, a head shot is a head shot, we are either protecting our player's or we are not. An accidental stick to the head is 2 min to 4 min. I see no difference between an accidental elbow to the head and an accidental stick to the head. CTE is not picky on how the brain injury happens, just that it does happen. Are we serious about players health or are we just putting window dressing out there?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
All good. I don’t believe there are biases

I mean that Noel Acciari got hit in the jaw/head with no call, followed by, I believe it was Jarnkork being clearly pushed into Carolina's goaltender proves that wrong.

They let what happened to Acciari go, there is no excuse for that.

There is also the fact that if the world depended on Bunting drawing a PP we'd all be dead but that's another issue

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I mean that Noel Acciari got hit in the jaw/head with no call, followed by, I believe it was Jarnkork being clearly pushed into Carolina's goaltender proves that wrong.

They let what happened to Acciari go, there is no excuse for that.

There is also the fact that if the world depended on Bunting drawing a PP we'd all be dead but that's another issue
It doesn't prove anything. The Leafs have had weak penalties called against their opponents or things not called in their favour as well.
Things are missed or let go in games around the league all the time.

Where do you find penalties drawn? I know Bunting drew one the other night but also picked up an embellishment to go with it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It doesn't prove anything. The Leafs have had weak penalties called against their opponents or things not called in their favour as well.
Things are missed or let go in games around the league all the time.

Where do you find penalties drawn? I know Bunting drew one the other night but also picked up an embellishment to go with it.
I didn't say Penalties, I said PP's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad