Injury Report: Noel Acciari Not Traveling With The Team

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
No , it wouldn't. Noel Acciari is American, by the way. It really has nothing to do with USA or Canada.

It's always "poor us, poor us!" in here. Man, pour me a drink.

The original post refers to country of the team yet the response refers to the player. Conscious or unconscious, it's a rhetorical trick designed to discredit the argument without addressing the argument

Whether suspension-worthy or not, if it was our guy hitting their guy it would be one game.
Carolina=USA=No Suspension,
Love Gary

Personally I think the country thing may be a pattern but the country isn't the key element. The key component is the privileged status of the franchise with the grievance. There's a franchise hierarchy whether we admit it or not. Boston, Philadelphia and New York R. are more privileged than Carolina and Arizona. Carolina and Arizona are more privileged than Toronto and Montreal. Toronto and Montreal are more privileged than Ottawa and Winnipeg.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
The way I saw it Accari was going North South, Jessie was going East West, they were in each others blind-spot, Jessie raised his hands to protect his face, hitting Acari with either his gloves, forearm or elbow. Although it is incidental, a head shot is a head shot, we are either protecting our player's or we are not. An accidental stick to the head is 2 min to 4 min. I see no difference between an accidental elbow to the head and an accidental stick to the head. CTE is not picky on how the brain injury happens, just that it does happen. Are we serious about players health or are we just putting window dressing out there?

If you look at the NHL's overall response to intent-to-injure behavior, it becomes pretty clear that the NHL really cares about appearing to take players' health seriously, and are not actually committed to any action that requires change.

It does seem like the collision was accidental, so the appropriate response (to me) would have been a minor penalty for interference. I don't think it's worthy of a suspension, but there has to be a penalty called in-game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad