Value of: Noah Rod, Geneva Servette (NL), (2014 NHL Draft, SJ 2-53)

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Was just going through old Sharks drafts and came across him. He has one year left on his contract with Geneve but given the success of Pius Suter was wondering if he is still on the NHL radar in terms of being a free agent signing in the future.

Has captained both the Swiss national team and Geneve and is coming off a season where he scored a careers high 18 goals plus five more in 10 playoff games.

Don't know much about his brief time in the Sharks organization.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Will admit that I don't know much about him. 7th on his Swiss team in points. 1 point in 23 world cup games. He's 25 and never played an Nhl game.

It looks like he refused to play in the ahl and his contract with the sharks was mutually terminated.

Seems like he's kind of made his own bed. Perhaps he realized he would never be more than a fringe nhler and purposely chose to remain in Switzerland.

Based on what I can find he is getting paid 730k Swiss dollars per year. His AHL salary was only $70k/year. Maybe not a bad decision to stay in Switzerland, both financially and personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
He had no interest in coming to North America. Wanted to only remain in Swiss. Maybe if you offer him like a 1.5 mil 1way deal he would come, but I doubt hes good enough for it.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
He’s apparently some kind of well known name there for being a bruiser of sorts. Was offered to go the AHL route but refused and wanted to play there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad