Speculation: Noah Hanifin available? - What do the Jets offer up?!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Connor and spacek Or Harkins and roslo but i think Harkins value is at all-time low though.

Wheeler straight up. Maybe include a spacek or lemieux.

Wheeler straight up for Hanifin???....are they throwing in Staal???

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Wheeler straight up for Hanifin???....are they throwing in Staal???

Jets likely can't resign wheeler in 2 years. Hanifin would really tie the defence together. Big deal is only was jets could justify trading wheeler otherwise he is gone ala Ladd at 2019 trade deadline.

Solves scoring for the canes.

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
Jets likely can't resign wheeler in 2 years. Hanifin would really tie the defence together. Big deal is only was jets could justify trading wheeler otherwise he is gone ala Ladd at 2019 trade deadline.

Solves scoring for the canes.

Why cant we re-sign wheeler? Ladd was a completely different story. Lots of stuff people dont know about others personal lives.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The fact is that you are not getting back market value for Wheeler by a long shot. They throw in Staal and we add a 2nd and that is fair.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Worry about Wheeler when that time comes. It would be idiotic to trade him now. Hanifin is not worth giving up Wheeler at this time, not a chance.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I seriously question if some of you guys actually want this team to start winning or be in perpetual rebuild. Trading either Wheeler or Perrault for a huge question mark in Hanifin coukd set this team back another 3 years if he doesn't develop.

This team is poised to start contending and we flat out don't get there by trading away some of our best forwards for magic beans even if they are shiny.

The Jets can go sign a better dmen in Smith for free in FA.

Also the Jets can make things work cap wise to keep Wheeler and all their kids if need be. They are actually well positioned for it.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I seriously question if some of you guys actually want this team to start winning or be in perpetual rebuild. Trading either Wheeler or Perrault for a huge question mark in Hanifin coukd set this team back another 3 years if he doesn't develop.

This team is poised to start contending and we flat out don't get there by trading away some of our best forwards for magic beans even if they are shiny.

The Jets can go sign a better dmen in Smith for free in FA.

Also the Jets can make things work cap wise to keep Wheeler and all their kids if need be. They are actually well positioned for it.

Perfectly said.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Petan and our 1st I'd consider if Valimaki or Heiskanen wasn't there when we pick. I feel ppl are over rating hanifin tho. He's OK but he went b4 provorov and werenski in 2015 and he's not nearly as good.

I feel people think hanifin is the man but for a guy like Wheeler or even Connor I'd want Slavin not Hanifin

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Also people bringing up the cap with regards to Wheeler what are your thoughts to having to sign all three of Morrissey, Hanifin and Trouba in a year?

The Jets could be looking at this for cap hits in a year on defense:

Buff 7.6 million
Trouba 7.5 - 8 million
Morrissey 5 - 5.5 million
Hanifin - if he does as everyone hopes and has a good year 5 - 5.5 million

Do people really want to allocate 25 to 27 million on our top 4?

The Jets already have our impact top 3 dmen and I think they'd be wise to round out the top 4 with a very strong shot suppression dmen that can also push the play forward at a good rate like Haljmerson in Chicago. Guys like that already typically less expensive to acquire and less expensive contract wise to keep.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I think what needs to happen is Buff needs to go, freeing up his salary for a defenceman that is closer age wise to Trouba and Morrissey. Then you move out Enstrom and Myers over the next season or two.

If you can draft, say, Heskanen in this year's draft you may have enough to fill out the remianing spots on defence.

Also, I think signing Michael Stone could really help the overall depth as well. I don't see him being that pricey.

I would also love to deal Roslovic for Travis Sanheim...Voila.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
They want NHL forwards, but I'd only do picks and prospects at this point.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Worry about Wheeler when that time comes. It would be idiotic to trade him now. Hanifin is not worth giving up Wheeler at this time, not a chance.

Team is stocked with many of the best forwards in the league and always injured on defense. At some point an extra defenseman is needed if team wants to make a serious run.

I may be overvaluing hanifin but trade value of defencemen is high.

Biggest issue is that Trading wheeler may make unpopular destination even more unpopular.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think he'd instantly become the best skater on the backend. Kid is a phenomenal skater and can move the puck extremely well. He's putting up similar numbers to Trouba at the same ages. He'll improve, especially in a system like ours.

His scoring is similar to Trouba's. His defensive play is nothing like it.

A Canes fan said he was much better the last 20 games or so. Do you feel inclined to pay a high price for 20 decent games?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Morrissey isnt getting 5m...Alzner would be nice beside Buff.

You watching the caps leafs at all? Alzner is being owned and looks like he Might Might Might be an upgrade on Mark Stuart. He's not good. He's actually really bad... slow and makes really stupid decisions.

Alzner won't be a jet. Neither will Staal. Not sure why you randomly pick players we don't need or who aren't good and think they'd help.

Alzner is looking awful vs the leafs.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Would likely require one of Laine, Scheifele and Ehlers and there's no way any of them (Ehlers) would go unless Carolina adds big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad