No TV next 2 games

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Tampa on Tuesday and Winnipeg on Thursday are not on TV. WTH?

6 games of the year are not on TV. These are the last 2. I complained about this when the schedule was announced and got blown off. I have since purchased tickets to these games.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Pretty sad that we can't get 100% of our games on TV. Wonder what riveting entertainment will be shown in place of these?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well, I seem to remember a time when we would only get abut 55 games a year, so 76isn't too much to complain about

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
What's strange is that they went basically 93% in on a full season TV schedule but couldn't somehow push through the final 7% to get them all on.

It'd be a laugh if they celebrated 80 televised games next year. 98% televised baby!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What's strange is that they went basically 93% in on a full season TV schedule but couldn't somehow push through the final 7% to get them all on.

It'd be a laugh if they celebrated 80 televised games next year. 98% televised baby!

That's what is crazy. Ok I can sort of understand not showing games early because of football, that at least is a valid argument if you are Fox. This late into the season is crazy and its even more crazy not to change the schedule when you are hosting a team this hot.

I'm still flabbergasted by the fact not only would you show something else, but you would choose to show COLLEGE HOCKEY over NHL HOCKEY. That may be the biggest WTF? ever :help:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
That's what is crazy. Ok I can sort of understand not showing games early because of football, that at least is a valid argument if you are Fox. This late into the season is crazy and its even more crazy not to change the schedule when you are hosting a team this hot.

I'm still flabbergasted by the fact not only would you show something else, but you would choose to show COLLEGE HOCKEY over NHL HOCKEY. That may be the biggest WTF? ever :help:

The games not shown early were on Tuesdays with the exception of the Saturday Florida game. What football game is on a Tuesday? BTW one of the games not shown was the only game the defending champion Kings played in town. That's crap.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
So the #1 team in the NHLwont be on their local TV station... WTH! Between SS and Fox something could be done if they wanted too! It is a shame that all of their games are not on tv. Glad I have CI.

trevorbird

Aug 9, 2010
Tennessee
I remember in the first year or two, some games (very few) were carried on WB58 or whatever channel that turned into. Why can't a local channel pick up those 6 games? Can't imagine it'd cost a ton. I know local channels in places like Dallas and LA have carried a few that FSN doesn't. Seems like it'd be a good idea.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well I might forgive a Jets game, and that's a MIGHT but the Lightning?

Two major hockey markets indeed. ;)

Seriously, as frustrated as I am by this, I do understand why it's this way. Teams like Nashville, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Florida, etc. We're not exactly in hockey land.

Though with that said I do find it interesting that one of our games is being replaced by college hockey.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
When I was in Southern California during our series against the Ducks, game 1 of that series was being shown on essentially a glorified public access channel that my cable provider didn't carry. I literally had to go to a bar to watch the game in the home team's market. I understand that it was because both Fox stations they can use were saturated with MLB and NBA, but that was still inexcusable.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
They make up the schedule in advance of the season. Neither the teams nor the network could know in August and September that the Preds and the Lightning would be number one in their respective conferences in February. It's also quite possible that this was a break built in for the TV broadcast team since it's 2 games in a row. As for Winnipeg, my guess is the PFO determined that that one was one they wanted to fill up the barn and on a cold Thursday night in February it was more likely to happen with no TV.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Have GameCenter, so I'm hoping that the local blackout is lifted... on call person this week at a 'major local university' so I'm not having any fun this week where I can't easily get away to handle issues. Honestly, its kind of fun to watch other market feeds of Preds games to see what they key on with us and what they get wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad