Pre-Game Talk: No Sympathy for the Lines vs the Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I had never found this site before, but I enjoyed this take on it (not sure why, I had heard of Meesh before)

The take on Engelland is very good, imo.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/a...publisher_the_pensnation_module_head_15421651

Thanks Iced, that was interesting. I agree, Engo has been fine, but the upside is limited. He certainly has trade value though, not many solid vets who can fight with such a low cap hit. He may have more trade value to bring back our elusive 3rd liner than Orpik at this point.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
From the Pens website

All of the team’s healthy players took part in practice, as well as injured center Evgeni Malkin (lower body). Malkin was cleared for contact in practice, but there is no timetable for his return to the lineup.

Judging from the Pens' power-play units and defensive pairings, it appears that rookie Olli Maatta may be a healthy scratch for the first time this season.

Coach Bylsma hinted at such when asked about Maatta’s recent struggles on the ice.

“His play hasn’t been as strong in the last couple (of games),†Bylsma said. “When his play is good, he’s been worked with, coached and looked at video. That will certainly happen through this stretch as well. Now we’re progressing back to having a full set of defensemen with Simon sitting out last night.

“We’ll see with our six (defensemen) tomorrowâ€

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Pens vs Devils.. New Years Eve return of the dancing I AM SCORE...

Feels like Malkin returns this game... He seems to have some great games vs the Devils, which is good cause we struggle vs this team too much.... Lets just hope his play is as good as his postgame celebrating the past few games....

Goodbye KCN... it was fun in the one game we were able to see you unleash your wrath upon the NHL...

on the same note...Please let Vitale be greater than Kobesew in the mind of Bylsma... PLEASE!!!...

2 guys sent down must mean Letang or someone else is nearing a return... it has been awfully quiet on the Martin and Bennett injury news of late....

Also the skivvy is that Maatta may be getting a break, which is good... Rotate him and Despres every other game through the Olympics and I will be quite happy... not as happy as stapling Engo to the bench unless absolutely needed, but happy nonetheless

Also HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!

penguins2946*

I like the 1:00 start time for the game tomorrow. It won't interfere with most New Year's parties.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I hate these start times. Don't people work in Newark?

They're too busy committing various felonies to have any spare time left for work. It takes dedication to be a good criminal. But since most of crime is committed at night, they don't have issues with afternoon starts on holidays.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Is there any actual legitimate information that points to Malkin returning? Last I heard he still wasn't practicing with contact.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I don't think Geno is playing tomorrow. He didn't participate in line rushes and since the game is on at 1:00 there's a good chance they won't have a morning skate. I can't imagine him coming back into the lineup without a full practice. It'd be silly to rush him when we have such a big division lead.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If not not tomorrow, then probably the next game. He was a full participant in practice apparently, and practiced on the top PP. The only indication that he won't play this game is that he wasn't taking regular line rushes.

With how the team has been playing winning, they can afford to give him all the time he needs to feel as close to 100% as a player can feel at this point in the season.

BurghThang

Dec 14, 2013
Maatta has played in 41 straight, the kid's hitting a wall...give him a rest and let him watch a few...he'll be fine.

These young kids are not used to the NHL grind...part of the growing process

BurghThang

Dec 14, 2013
I don't think Geno is playing tomorrow. He didn't participate in line rushes and since the game is on at 1:00 there's a good chance they won't have a morning skate. I can't imagine him coming back into the lineup without a full practice. It'd be silly to rush him when we have such a big division lead.

Geno was just cleared for contact today. No way he plays in NJ...but we could see him at home against the Rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad