Post-Game Talk: No Sweep for You, Jets 6 - Sharks 2

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the earliest he was originally projected to return was Round 1 of the playoffs. A couple of days ago, he was on the ice with the other Jets in a non-contact jersey, so that’s encouraging.
It is very encouraging, but my gut feel tells me his body cannot take the pounding to be a regular in the NHL. Hopefully he puts on some muscle and man strength, because he's a highly talented young guy, and we could really use him in the lineup.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It is how they dominated. D was activated, stretch pass used to create space and they cycled the puck like Lance Armstrong in his prime at the Tour de France

Yes, much like the way they played in the first half of the season. Not sure how the Flames game was different. Puck luck? Despite the importance of the game, Jets didn't seem to play with the urgency that they brought to the last couple of games but that can just be accounted for by the difference in the opposition.

Lets see if they can bring some of the same against the Wild and Avs. Both are still fighting for position so I don't expect them to be resting. We have had trouble with the Wild all year and we are on a b2b. But so are the Wild. Jets can clinch with a point.

The Devils are a bad team? What?!

:laugh: No. There is always an exception.
But they were on a b2b.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Belatedly, the thing that I probably liked the most in this excellent game was the way we responded to the Sharks' second goal. We didn't panic, didn't wilt, didn't start chasing the play. We continued doing things the Bowness Way and kept the pressure on during the third period. Even when the game was no longer in doubt, we kept pushing and hitting. So great to see!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Someone needs to animate Charlie Brown ripping a 50 yd field goal for these rare times where your sad sack home team actually comes through!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Guardian17

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Awesome win. Now I hate to nitpick but when were up late 6-2, Scheif and Connor didn’t get caught, but chose to stay out and rack up over a minute and a half shift length. Absolutely no need for that just to try and pad your stats. Selfish and lazy play.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think the Jets have got this one.

I'm still cautiously optimistic.
The improved play goes back further than the last 5 games but it has been inconsistent. They have looked good against weaker teams but have still been unable to handle better ones. We'll see. Tonight should be a good test, a good indicator of whether or not they are going to be able to compete in the PO.

1 point will get the job done but a clean win would be a confidence boost for both players and fans.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Yes, much like the way they played in the first half of the season. Not sure how the Flames game was different. Puck luck? Despite the importance of the game, Jets didn't seem to play with the urgency that they brought to the last couple of games but that can just be accounted for by the difference in the opposition.

Lets see if they can bring some of the same against the Wild and Avs. Both are still fighting for position so I don't expect them to be resting. We have had trouble with the Wild all year and we are on a b2b. But so are the Wild. Jets can clinch with a point.

:laugh: No. There is always an exception.
But they were on a b2b.
The flames game still concerns me because while it meant pretty much the same to both teams the Jets seemed with disinterested or to tightly wound. Morrisey said they played free the past two games since losing to the flames. They need that tonight and cannot leave it up to NSV to lose because Sarros may not let them!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
It is an elimination game for both teams, even if it goes to OT. Imagine your season hanging on a Shootout.
I think Sutter putting Ritchie in over Taffoli says all you need to know about his view of the shootout. His rationale was they missed chances in ot should not have been in the shootout. Yikes;

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad